#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you forgive pep for starting mahrez and not Foden? -)
Mahrez had a fantastic game. I guess he wanted to show out against his old Squad. And I'm happy Pep went with him. I still rate Foden higher. More energy and a higher football IQ.

The intensity in our game with Bernie and Gabby instead of Dave and Sergio is on another level.

People judge Gabby almost entirely on his goal contributions but his movement and pressing are invaluable to the team.
Bean saying this all year. Youth is what brings intensity. Foden, Bernado, Gabby etc. Just have more energy in them than the over 30 crew. And this affects our intensity.

Really? He got a goal and worked hard but he rarely actually looks like scoring. He’s not particularly quick, can’t head it and can’t shoot with much power

So whilst he had a good game, I don’t think world class is an accurate description

He can’t head it? He’s scored a fair few with his head.

The kid is absolutely mustard and will be the best striker on the planet very soon.

Mark my words.

Really? He got a goal and worked hard but he rarely actually looks like scoring. He’s not particularly quick, can’t head it and can’t shoot with much power

So whilst he had a good game, I don’t think world class is an accurate description

11 goals from open play this season. Isn't that more than Sergio? Also isn't he our most prolific forward away from home?

He’s definitely not world class yet.

de Bruyne’s last two performances have been world class. That’s what world class is.

But Jesus is a very good young striker. And 22 is still young for a striker, not many 22 year olds are the #9 for the big clubs they made their name at throughout the last few decades. Most do it between the ages of 23-25. Some of the best strikers weren’t even strikers at 22 or were only just switching to become one.

He’s got a lot to learn, still. And a lot to improve on. He’s not slow but he’s not that quick neither so he’s going to have to make up for that with other aspects of his game.

He still shoots and gets poor connections with the ball, seems to hit it with the heel part of his instep a lot and doesn’t get the connection he wanted on the shot.

But it’s going to be the next few years when we really see how good he’s going to be. So there window for improvement is still ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.