9 more wins

stavros

9 more wins , and a draw and we will be champions a reckon.

assuming one of the wins is against the rags .

that would give us 91 points.

they would have to win 10 out of the last 11 games just to equal our points.

i think 91 points would pretty much guarantee us the league

we win our 6 home games(which i reckon we might just do)

and win 3 from the last 6 away.

I can't for the life of me predict how we will do. But my head tells me rags will win every game, with the exception of us which again I can't predict. Possibly a draw at spurs, but that aside they will win every game.

So by this logic imo we too need to win every game. Stoke away, arsenal away, Chelsea home, Newcastle away being the more difficult games left. I don't know if we can do it, but ill keep the faith until its over.

stavros said:

If they win 10 out of the last 11 (the one defeat being to us) and we do what you predict/hope, we'll finish level on points.

stavros said:

If they win 10 out of 11 and win the league - then they deserve it. We can only do our best and if 90 points is not enough, then so be it. We will re group and strengthen where needed and come back and challenge again next season.

C T I D

Unfortunatley United have come through their tuff games unscathed. Damn! Arsenal, Stoke, Chelsea, Liverpool, Norwich. They've only dropped 2 points. I was hoping they'd drop at least 6 points in that period.

Tbh I'm now pinning my hopes on a Spurs victory. We should beat Bolton, so that would take us 5 clear. We still have to play United at home. If we win that one it would make it 8 points clear, meaning we can afford to lose and draw a couple of games.

Looking at the remining fixtures, United are currently favourites. They have 3 tricky games left. Us away, Wolves away with a new manager and fighting for PL survival, and Sunderland away last game of the season. The rest of their fixtures won't be a problem for them. Wins all the way. Anyone who says anything different is.......(fill in as appropriate)

City on the other hand have Swansea, Stoke, Arsenal, Wolves and Norwich away. With Chelsea at home. Our title hopes will be deicided by those 5 away games and United at home.

jrb said:
Looking at the remining fixtures, United are currently favourites. They have 3 tricky games left. Us away, Wolves away with a new manager and fighting for PL survival, and Sunderland away last game of the season. The rest of their fixtures won't be a problem for them. Wins all the way. Anyone who says anything different is.......(fill in as appropriate)
Erm, they lost at home to Blackburn. This is the Premier League, nothing is guaranteed you (fill in as appropriate).

We need to win EVERY game. Simples.

If we go out with the attitude we only need 10 wins or 9 wins & a draw with the rags we will lose this league.

Ask any (sensible footballing talking United fan) how many games they think they'll need to win & us to lose & see what they say. They'll be saying the want to win EVERY game.

Newcastle & Arsenal away are going to be HUGE. IF & it's a big IF we win at Newcastle & Arsenal plus a home game against Chelsea then the away games at Wolves Swansea & Stoke sandwiched in between all the others will i think see us pick up maximum points, what with momentum on our side, plus with 10 (correct me if im wrong) of our games starting before the rags we have every oppertunity to pull clear and put huge pressure on, starting this weekend!

But having said all this, if United get the 3 points at Spuds next sunday i have a feeling everyone of us fans plus the players will start feeling the pressure, this is where the mind games will start & this worries me! I'm 90% caustiously optimistic at the moment, this could all change at White Hart Lane next Sunday. Only possitive being Spuds haven't lost at home since us & don't think they've lost 2 on the spin all season!

If United lose 3 points on Sunday then we'll be red hot favorite & will only have ourselves to blame if we don't end up winning it!

xgorton said:
marco said:
i had us 4pt clear by the time we finnish with bolton and them with spurs, thats a win and a draw infront
Spot on we beat bolton they draw at spuds were 4 clear.

I'd like that to happen...However, after Spurs collapsed today, it can't be guaranteed. I just hope it was a minor blip in their season.

I'd like to see us win our remaining 12, that way, there is no question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.