9 more wins

Skashion said:
jrb said:
Looking at the remining fixtures, United are currently favourites. They have 3 tricky games left. Us away, Wolves away with a new manager and fighting for PL survival, and Sunderland away last game of the season. The rest of their fixtures won't be a problem for them. Wins all the way. Anyone who says anything different is.......(fill in as appropriate)
Erm, they lost at home to Blackburn. This is the Premier League, nothing is guaranteed you (fill in as appropriate).

That won't happen again. Fergie messed about with the team that day. He won't make that same mistake again with the remaining fixtures.

United will not lose any remaining home games.

-- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 pm --

jimharri said:
jrb said:
Unfortunatley United have come through their tuff games unscathed. Damn! Arsenal, Stoke, Chelsea, Liverpool, Norwich. They've only dropped 2 points. I was hoping they'd drop at least 6 points in that period.

Tbh I'm now pinning my hopes on a Spurs victory. We should beat Bolton, so that would take us 5 clear. We still have to play United at home. If we win that one it would make it 8 points clear, meaning we can afford to lose and draw a couple of games.

Looking at the remining fixtures, United are currently favourites. They have 3 tricky games left. Us away, Wolves away with a new manager and fighting for PL survival, and Sunderland away last game of the season. The rest of their fixtures won't be a problem for them. Wins all the way. Anyone who says anything different is.......(fill in as appropriate)

City on the other hand have Swansea, Stoke, Arsenal, Wolves and Norwich away. With Chelsea at home. Our title hopes will be deicided by those 5 away games and United at home.
What about Newcastle?

Correct. I forgot about them. :-(

marco said:
i had us 4pt clear by the time we finnish with bolton and them with spurs, thats a win and a draw infront

With our hugely superior goal difference, for them to overtake us 4 points will be the equivelent of them having to win two more games than us, or, us not winning three games

The Pink Panther said:
marco said:
i had us 4pt clear by the time we finnish with bolton and them with spurs, thats a win and a draw infront

With our hugely superior goal difference, for them to overtake us 4 points will be the equivelent of them having to win two more games than us, or, us not winning three games

it'd be nice to get 4 or 5 more tacked on to the goal difference next weekend; whilst we should still finish with a much better GD than United, it could start to shrink with their run of mediocre team after mediocre team.

It's Squeaky Bum Time

How i've longed to be able say that in the same set of circumstances that United Chelsea & Arsenal have for years.I for one am just delighted to be able to say it. Last final 12 games - there will be highs & probable low's and who knows what we will feel at the end of it.

Either way it's the first realistic time in my lifetime we have a genuine chance of winning the league with 12 games to go. Each one of you live it, enjoy it & even if the worst comes to the worst, what a season we have had again and sooner or later in the very near future either this year or next We will be Champions.

jrb said:
They have 3 tricky games left. Us away, Wolves away with a new manager and fighting for PL survival, and Sunderland away last game of the season. The rest of their fixtures won't be a problem for them. Wins all the way. Anyone who says anything different is.......(hopeful)

I wouldn't rule out Everton from taking a point off them.
would prefer to just focus on our own games though

Any other season we would be 8 points minimum clear. They just wont go away and if they beat Spurs I can see them pipping us.

Bound to be the odd twist but I think we will need to win 10 of our last 12.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Any other season we would be 8 points minimum clear. They just wont go away and if they beat Spurs I can see them pipping us.
Don't get too far ahead of yourself pal ( if I may it seems to be a trait that you repeat)

As with the fa cup and the CC semi the year before they will not give it to us.
We will have to earn it the hard way.

I have said this before but I will say it once again.
This season the title could go either way.

Next season we will be at least 10 points clear of the field and will breeze it IMHO.

Based on the their two most recent games, the rags have run out of form. Whilst Ajax played a weakened team, Norwich faced a first team really only minus Rooney. Watching a stream today, they were poor, decent first 10 mins, then over-run both through midfield and on the flanks for the next 75 minutes, then the usual bullshit comeback. Norwich literally went to pieces and decided to defend from the 6 yard line. So they may have sneaked something today, but keep putting in displays like that and they will drop points. They can be got at, so teams willing to have a go can get something. Spurs will have a go at them, quite hopefully they won't do the usual bend-over routine. Twists and turns left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.