93:20 Podcast - The Sale to Shinawatra

Wow, a great post, Petrusha, many thanks. Well, it's all behind us now...onwards and upwards to UCL glory with what Bernstein and Schindler dubbed " the mysterious men from the east".

Will read that later but the noodles he put on in St Annes Square were absolutely first class so cant knock him.

I could swear it was Albert Square. I definitely went - begrudgingly as I was seething that he was getting involved with City. In fact, he was the reason that I joined Blue moon - I needed an outlet to rant about him and Hughes. I eventually gave up my season ticket as I couldn't stand Thaksin being involved with the club. However, as this was at the end of the season, I found myself scrambling around for another ticket when he sold to the Sheikh weeks later.

Wow, a great post, Petrusha, many thanks. Well, it's all behind us now...onwards and upwards to UCL glory with what Bernstein and Shindler dubbed " the mysterious men from the east".

Cheers. Was that in the Radio 5 interview where they said that Randy Lerner was the mode;l foreign owner and ADUG could learn a lot from him? ;)

(Actually, I have great admiration for Bernstein, while I corresponded sometimes with Shindler in my capacity producing news columns for MCIVTA and he was also very pleasant. I very much liked one or two of his books, too, most notably Fathers, Sons and Football).

Many thanks Petrusha. I wonder if somebody wrote parody of a David Conn article about City anybody would be able to tell the difference?

I could understand at the time why some people were vehemently opposed to Thaksin and there was a case to be made against him, but I thought Conn did it fairly badly there.

I could swear it was Albert Square. I definitely went - begrudgingly as I was seething that he was getting involved with City. In fact, he was the reason that I joined Blue moon - I needed an outlet to rant about him and Hughes. I eventually gave up my season ticket as I couldn't stand Thaksin being involved with the club. However, as this was at the end of the season, I found myself scrambling around for another ticket when he sold to the Sheikh weeks later.
]

It was - my apologies.

What an outstanding podcast, keep up the good work lads...

I'd be really interested in hearing about the goings on around the point of the final offer, where there had to be a very high acceptance of the take over for it to become effective.

PB's insight about the end of the Alexander era and the start of Swales depresses me every time I hear about it, but water well up the ducks ar$e.....

Any chance you can get Txiki, Alves or Rosler1985 on this Friday's podcast to clear a few things up, cheers.

@Blue Hefner, @BillyShears - Cheers for the nod, Ahsan, enjoyed the show and found it interesting to hear about the old boardroom struggles! As for the Garry Cook interview, that still exists somewhere in our archives, but it's not online at the moment. Actually, it's something we should do - put all the old interviews online. When we get a spare afternoon, we'll sort that out and we'll let you know where to find it all.

@kippaxwarrior - We've done a lot in terms of interviews with the Division Two side and all of the Wembley '99 team and Joe Royle appear in here: http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/podcast/episodes/1999.mp3

Here you go chaps:

Cheers. Was that in the Radio 5 interview where they said that Randy Lerner was the mode;l foreign owner and ADUG could learn a lot from him? ;)

(Actually, I have great admiration for Bernstein, while I corresponded sometimes with Shindler in my capacity producing news columns for MCIVTA and he was also very pleasant. I very much liked one or two of his books, too, most notably Fathers, Sons and Football).

I heard it on radio 5, but can't remember the context. They were questioning whether ADUG takeover was a good idea!
Alan Green was always on about how great Lerner was and how the sheik would soon get bored with his new toy. If Green did his homework, he'd know that Abu Dhabi's investment policy has always been long term. The same day as the Times covered the City takeover, they had a massive profile of Abu sovereign wealth fund on the business pages. Just turn the page, Green. I never listen to him now, don't even know if he's still on.

Why am I quoting myself??!!

Absolutely outstanding. Thanks and very well done to all involved. Every City fan should be encouraged to listen to this. If i had to nit pick, i would say that one hour twenty minutes is not nearly long enough for such a vast and fascinating period. I would gladly listen to minium two hours on each regime / era. Also the insight on Joe and big mal and kk was excellent and a little more context on what was happening in the dressing room and on the pitch would have been fantastic. But really these are only tiny points on what otherwise was an exceptional podcast. Can't wait for part two and any other podcasts you are planning. Thanks again.

When is part 2 coming out ?

Thought part 1 was brilliant by the way
Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.