93:20 Podcast - The Sale to Shinawatra

@BillyShears i posted on Twitter that it was an excellent podcast but I don't think it can be said to many times, great work and it will be well worth the £4pr month

Re other topics - I don't know it's it possible but I would be very interested in the Hughes days. I.e the club changed dramatically, literally overnight and I'd be interested to know thoughts of the people within the club at the time

How expectations changed, the scepticism from inside/outside the club. The clubs thoughts on the way the national media portrayed them etc. And also how the chairmen and board were treated when bidding for players like John Terry and Kaka

Then the players and management. We had a mid table manager, journeyman players but then bought Robinho. So it was all a bit hectic but the team still had to play with all this going on. We were fucking terrible! Was this because of all the distractions or because the players and manager were, for the most part, shit!

Like I said, probably not possible as people probably still employed and wouldn't want to spill the beans. Nevertheless, I think it would be a very interesting part of the recent history to hear more about

Can someone post a link or tell me where to find it . Thanks

The pod in question is here mate.

http://ninetythreetwenty.com/podcasts/boardroom-battles-a-history-show/

@Blue Hefner - mate, than you so much for that - it's very kind. You're spot on about Hughes and that early period under the new ownership being super interesting. One day we'll definitely do something on it. In the meantime @BlueMoonPodcast / David Mooney has spoken to Garry Cook about that period a few times. I'm sure that those pods are available somewhere. Hopefully he'll see this and link you up!

Thanks again for all the kind words and feedback. Proper made up as we weren't sure if ANYONE would be interested in this pod. Honestly Stefan described it as potentially being Podcast Marmite ... haha.

Loved this Pod, never realised Stefan was involved. Gave a great insight and looking forward to the Thaksin one.

I also think there's scope for some manager specials as well with some people who were involved. The whole Coppell affair, what really went on there; Alan Ball; the Reid years. Basically anything to do with when I grew up with the club!

I think that the History pod was a level above anything else you've done so far and offers so much to the younger fan base especially about seeing where we once were. Not saying the others are bad!

Loved this Pod, never realised Stefan was involved. Gave a great insight and looking forward to the Thaksin one.

I also think there's scope for some manager specials as well with some people who were involved. The whole Coppell affair, what really went on there; Alan Ball; the Reid years. Basically anything to do with when I grew up with the club!

I think that the History pod was a level above anything else you've done so far and offers so much to the younger fan base especially about seeing where we once were. Not saying the others are bad!

Crazy i've been wanting to do history pods for a year and struggled to get people enthused about doing them! I completely agree. Will cover all those topics in the next 12 months. And cheers for listening!

Really enjoyed the latest podcast, good to hear a bit of inside info on the club and its past. Certainly helped pass a good hour in work this morning. Keep up the good work guys.

The pod in question is here mate.

http://ninetythreetwenty.com/podcasts/boardroom-battles-a-history-show/

@Blue Hefner - mate, than you so much for that - it's very kind. You're spot on about Hughes and that early period under the new ownership being super interesting. One day we'll definitely do something on it. In the meantime @BlueMoonPodcast / David Mooney has spoken to Garry Cook about that period a few times. I'm sure that those pods are available somewhere. Hopefully he'll see this and link you up!

Thanks again for all the kind words and feedback. Proper made up as we weren't sure if ANYONE would be interested in this pod. Honestly Stefan described it as potentially being Podcast Marmite ... haha.
Thanks for that .

Thanks @shakeyboy @Dubai Blue and everyone else who's enjoyed it. Part 2 will be out in a couple of weeks once Stefan's back off his holidays. Really appreciate the support and the feedback. We're gonna try and do loads more shows like this once we've moved behind the pay wall.

Be interested to know if there's a particular season, or a particular figure from our history, that you'd like to know more about?

Obviously I'm currently working on one about King Colin as I was far too young to ever see him in the flesh. Rounding up people who remember him to do a pod on his career at City!

That reminds me. If there's anyone on Bluemoon who saw Colin play and would like to be part of the podcast on his City career, please drop me a PM. Nice one!
Great listen that.

As for future history podcasts I think the Joe Royle years would be good. I reckon you could get maybe Andy Morrison or Paul Dickov on talking about division 3, Wembley and the Blackburn game. That would be a good listen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.