A 38 year olds perspective

Neil McNab said:
A couple of years younger and totaly disagree, what's wrong with a good old arguement. What do you want/ A swp thread with 500 post's all saying well done shauny you did your best....every weekend.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your taking piss......surely ...please tell me you are ??

Same age as you and agree with your sentiments and, dare I say it, I've been to all the games you mentioned plus probably a lot more. Thing is, supporters of a certain age know what City have been like and personally I wouldn't change that one bit.

But things have changed and we have to change with them. Why should a kid supporting City now expect to put up with failure just because it's "same old City" - that wont make any sense to a new supporter of a club with untold riches at it's disposal.

Everyone wants instant success and it seems that we are judged on the last performance rather than the bigger picture. I think there may be a dichotomy between the knee-jerk posters and the realist posters in terms of age.

Having said that, I've had a few ales today!

BL2blue said:
Same age as you and agree with your sentiments and, dare I say it, I've been to all the games you mentioned plus probably a lot more. Thing is, supporters of a certain age know what City have been like and personally I wouldn't change that one bit.

But things have changed and we have to change with them. Why should a kid supporting City now expect to put up with failure just because it's "same old City" - that wont make any sense to a new supporter of a club with untold riches at it's disposal.

Everyone wants instant success and it seems that we are judged on the last performance rather than the bigger picture. I think there may be a dichotomy between the knee-jerk posters and the realist posters in terms of age.

Yea thats fair,and as for games well I have been to a lot more than the ones mentioned,home and away,season ticket holder for God knows how long, !!!

But patience is the key word for the "young uns",its 30 years and counting for guys like us

meeesh said:
BL2blue said:

Yea thats fair,and as for games well I have been to a lot more than the ones mentioned,home and away,season ticket holder for God knows how long, !!!

But patience is the key word for the "young uns",its 30 years and counting for guys like us

You are dead right about patience, but we're not THAT old you know, we've got plenty of successful seasons ahead!

But just think, when it eventually happens, having gone through the 80s and 90s we will enjoy it more. Good OP by the way.

Well after having a pretty crappy last few days, with no water because of flooding, that really has cheered me up. Sometimes we forget what it's all about...too busy getting caught up in what the media is saying, or Fergie's saaying, or just how wrong Hughes was.
With all this professional, business shite, we forget what it was like in it's rawest form, and why we started to love it all those years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.