A 38 year olds perspective

48 last week, and totally agree. By the way, Tev Santa and Robbie on the bench Saturday - I had to pinch myself thinking of some of the teams, let alone benches we have had to put out back in the day! Rational and sane post, congratulations!

Im 25, havent seen half the stuff you have. But totally agree with you.

The criticism on here is mental. These lads in charge don't like to lose. It will all come good. We've been patient all these years, whats a little longer going to hurt?

meeesh said:
Neil McNab said:
A couple of years younger and totaly disagree, what's wrong with a good old arguement. What do you want/ A swp thread with 500 post's all saying well done shauny you did your best....every weekend.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your taking piss......surely ...please tell me you are ??
NO....These boards would be boring as piss if everyone thought the same thing, I've read posts before with a point of view on a player that I might not have agreed with but were interesting. I'm sure if SWP has a great game I'm sure he knows about it himself, in fact if he's a perfectionist he'll be more interested still in what he did wrong. Don't expect many to understand that as these people are scarce but they make the best players.

Been a City fan since 1980 and so have seen quite a lot of drama one way and another on the pitch and off it.

I can understand those who think that we need a period of stability. Although some of us are probably addicted to the adrenalin of drama.

The big but though is what we are going to do with the opportunity that now presents itself.

In a couple of years our financial advantage will not be so large. Other teams will be taken over.

There are many teams with good players. The best teams however have great managers.

It is no coincidence that wherever they go the likes of Capello, Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti have success.

England look a much more cohesive outfit now compared with Mclaren's or dare I say it Sven's teams.

The question for all of us is where do we think in 20 years Hughes will sit in the pantheon of great managers. He has been a manager for 10 years already and he has done OK. But has he really achieved anything that shows he is better than Allardyce, Redknapp, Curbishley and Bruce? It is probably true that he has achieved less than Moyes and O'Neill.

So given that we now have a fairly elite group of players and owner's with lofty ambitions....

robbieh said:
Been a City fan since 1980 and so have seen quite a lot of drama one way and another on the pitch and off it.

I can understand those who think that we need a period of stability. Although some of us are probably addicted to the adrenalin of drama.

The big but though is what we are going to do with the opportunity that now presents itself.

In a couple of years our financial advantage will not be so large. Other teams will be taken over.

There are many teams with good players. The best teams however have great managers.

It is no coincidence that wherever they go the likes of Capello, Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti have success.

England look a much more cohesive outfit now compared with Mclaren's or dare I say it Sven's teams.

The question for all of us is where do we think in 20 years Hughes will sit in the pantheon of great managers. He has been a manager for 10 years already and he has done OK. But has he really achieved anything that shows he is better than Allardyce, Redknapp, Curbishley and Bruce? It is probably true that he has achieved less than Moyes and O'Neill.

So given that we now have a fairly elite group of players and owner's with lofty ambitions....

Your just a boy! ;)

I'm 42 and I've said for a while that we need our own forum!
I hate knee jerk threads , all them yesterday simply because Spurs won 9-1!
Highlight for me Bradford away 1-1.
I'm enjoying the ride still

38 yrs old and been throught the ringer like the rest of you.

We'll get there..when I don't know but hopefully before I get put in the ground.

I am 43 and after years and years of under achieving I feel there is a real chance to actually win something and frankly i am concerned that our owners will cut there losses if we dont show something for there massive outlay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.