A City England 11

Wasn't Joey Barton's one and only England cap towards the end of his City days? Although I don't know if he started or came off the bench.

LoveCity said:
Wasn't Joey Barton's one and only England cap towards the end of his City days? Although I don't know if he started or came off the bench.
I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a best England/City starting 11?

A few names mentioned here had a very brief England career .... not in any way denigrating those mentioned, but I am a bit surprised that no-one (as far as I can see) has yet mentioned Sean Wright-Phillips ... played many times and played well

gmars said:
A few names mentioned here had a very brief England career .... not in any way denigrating those mentioned, but I am a bit surprised that no-one (as far as I can see) has yet mentioned Sean Wright-Phillips ... played many times and played well
Believe I mentioned swp

yorks blue said:
gmars said:
Believe I mentioned swp

So you did .... Missed it .... ApologIes ...... Still surprised that no one followed up on it .... He was a great servant to the club
I

White played centre forward for England. SWP was a much better England player than Mike Sumberbee so would have to take the wide right spot.

Curle played as centre back, sweeper and right back for England - on game (or part of) each.

I don't think Vassell got any where near the team whilst at City, Trevor Sinclair had his last game shortly after joining City.

Barry and Barton as the 2 in a 4 2 3 1 for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.