A City Sale As A Kid That Broke Your Heart

Tony Coton...bit weird i know.

I used to love playing in goal & he was the City goalie when i 1st started going to games....so i pretty much idolised him. He even turned up at my school once!

It wasnt so much the fact that he left it was because he joined the bloody rags...unbelievable! I've still not forgiven Tony the sell out.

Peter Barnes and Gary Owen for me. Allison completely ripped the heart out of that side. Closely followed by the Club selling all the season tickets and then selling Trevor Francis!

The amount of money we must have wasted chopping and changing over the years. I was thinking that Tommy Caton (who seems to belong to a far off world of the late 70's/early 80's) could have still been playing for City in 1999 (play-off final) as he would only have been 36 then, had he lived. Wonder what would have happened if we had just kept our kids and by 1999 had a team (injuries permitting) along the lines of:

Alex Williams (late 30's), Lakey (30), Hinchy (30), Tommy Caton (36), Steve Redmond (31), Steve Mckenzie (38), Paul Simpson (33), Garry Flitcroft (about mid 20's), Michael Hughes, late 20's; Mike Sheron (mid 20's), David White (31-ish) .
Subs: Clive Wilson (old but fit), Ian Brightwell, Steve Lomas.
Annoying that we would have to sell a Flitty to pay off a Clough/Hiley/Frontzeck/Heaney waste of money.

isab23502 said:
The amount of money we must have wasted chopping and changing over the years. I was thinking that Tommy Caton (who seems to belong to a far off world of the late 70's/early 80's) could have still been playing for City in 1999 (play-off final) as he would only have been 36 then, had he lived. Wonder what would have happened if we had just kept our kids and by 1999 had a team (injuries permitting) along the lines of:

Alex Williams (late 30's), Lakey (30), Hinchy (30), Tommy Caton (36), Steve Redmond (31), Steve Mckenzie (38), Paul Simpson (33), Garry Flitcroft (about mid 20's), Michael Hughes, late 20's; Mike Sheron (mid 20's), David White (31-ish) .
Subs: Clive Wilson (old but fit), Ian Brightwell, Steve Lomas.
Annoying that we would have to sell a Flitty to pay off a Clough/Hiley/Frontzeck/Heaney waste of money.

Great post mate, with nine or ten affordable additions that team's at least PL safety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.