A club crest we can all agree on..

Why Always Ste said:
I found it strange how that was the chosen title for that email the club sent.

I really found it perfect how the club chose for the fans to come up with the designs, with everyone sending in designs for the NYCFC club launch.
Then several were chosen with the fans voting on which they liked the best.

Although I like the current and previous badges, I would really appreciate it if we (the fans) all could make something and have a vote on it, thus the badge would then be made by a fan with the fans choosing it... :)

Not that I disagree with your sentiment but the NYCFC crests where not designed by fans (and only hold a cursory semblance to those submitted by supporters). Both were designed by Rafael Esquer, a professional designer, and in my opinion the first "shield" version was intentionally designed to force voting toward the "circle" badge that was eventually adopted (my opinion is further supported by Melbourne City's new crest). While I did like the supporter participation aspect of the unveiling (supporter-submitted badge wall to be used inside the stadium) it was generally just a engagement/awareness device.

It is a fine crest, though, and I would not mind something similar for City (though, not the train wreck that is Melbourne's hodgepodge).

julio jordio said:
I stayed with my mate in Abu Dhabi last summer who works for city and he said a new badge is in the pipeline. I think it's the right decision. A round badge again would be great.

Agreed.

As long as the design is based on these I'll be happy.

Original

image.jpg

Gav's modern version

image.jpg

I do like the current crest - but I only go back to a few years before it was instituted. To me the new one symbolises the amazing journey of the club during my generation.

That said, I'd be okay with a new round one (maybe incorporating elements of the current one inside the circle) ONLY because we're stuck with Nike for a good while and their methods will pretty much leave us with a crap shield around the oddly-shaped current crest.

In an ideal world Nike would not need to stick us with the silly shield. But we are not in an ideal world unfortunately.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
I do like the current crest - but I only go back to a few years before it was instituted. To me the new one symbolises the amazing journey of the club during my generation.

That said, I'd be okay with a new round one (maybe incorporating elements of the current one inside the circle) ONLY because we're stuck with Nike for a good while and their methods will pretty much leave us with a crap shield around the oddly-shaped current crest.

In an ideal world Nike would not need to stick us with the silly shield. But we are not in an ideal world unfortunately.

Nike would be happier with a circle crest, saves on having to add the extra shield costs for the 3 stars.

GeekinGav said:
Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:

Nike would be happier with a circle crest, saves on having to add the extra shield costs for the 3 stars.

Knowing them as we do they'd probably still stick the everton shield round it just to f us off!

do quite like it ... is my personal favourite even if it never gets changed.

did myself a new wallpaper, stone effect version trying to match the new new shirt colour.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtvjadxCcAAuVrA.jpg[/bigimg]

available on my twitter page .... with alternative colour schemes too.

GeekinGav said:

did myself a new wallpaper, stone effect version trying to match the new new shirt colour.

that looks mint. cheers Geek1

GeekinGav said:

Whats your twitter address ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.