A Confession

My confession.

My entire family is red (ALL of them, my dad is a season ticket holder) but I have never been. I had to wear the kit as a kid but never supported then and would support Leeds, City, anyone who had a rivalry with United just to be difficult.

I finally settled on City around the time Kinkladze was starring and I was still very young.

But I've never supported that scum, despite incredible peer pressure to.

LoveCity said:
My confession.

My entire family is red (ALL of them, my dad is a season ticket holder) but I have never been. I had to wear the kit as a kid but never supported then and would support Leeds, City, anyone who had a rivalry with United just to be difficult.

I finally settled on City around the time Kinkladze was starring and I was still very young.

But I've never supported that scum, despite incredible peer pressure to.

You're lucky, i wish i could say the same!

Matt Diablo said:
once a red always deep down a blue?

oh too right, i never had any passion 'supporting' them, if they won, then great, if they lost, so what.

But with city i'm gutted if we lose, go in a right mood, but when we win or just score a goal, i almost burst a blood vessel going crazy with excitement, kinda makes me think i made the right choice haha!

i can honestly say that ive never supported manyoo but i do have a memory as a kid in the 80's when manyoo beat everton in the fa cup final and everyone was celebrating so i kind of joined in and my mate was pushing me round the car park out side the pub in a go cart and we were singing united songs.
not the best memory i have from my childhood but at least like you i took the right path and i wouldnt change it for the world.
C.T.I.D

I think you can be forgiven. Despite living in Kent all my life I have always been blue (family inheritance) in a United, Chelsea, Arsenal area. As a result I have always been a target for everybody however I always showed my colours. For years my nickname was 'brother' for obvious sponsorship reasons. Anyway my point for replying was, I remember that Stoke game well. My mate who is a Chelsea fan bet me a fiver that we wouldn't make the Premiership by the time I was 30... not only did we get there but we got relegated and came back up again!! Well done for switching to the true blue entertainers!!

Godfather said:
I want to get this off my chest, im hiding a secret from my past.

I supported United until i was 10.

Im 25 now.

I started supporting united when i was 7 (beginning of middle school) because everyone else did and my uncle did.

Then my diehard City supporting Grandad died, i felt i didnt really know him as well as i should/could have done, so my way of paying my respects to him was to switch allegiances, i remember it well, Last day of the 1997-98 season, vs Stoke, won 5-2 but still got relagated to division 2.

So yes i confess i was a rag for my early football supporting life and for that i apologise.

I also refuse to believe im not the only one who started out red....

I feel better now.

i blame you for their success, they were sh*t when you supported them! ;)

Godfather said:
I want to get this off my chest, im hiding a secret from my past.

I supported United until i was 10.

Im 25 now.

I started supporting united when i was 7 (beginning of middle school) because everyone else did and my uncle did.

Then my diehard City supporting Grandad died, i felt i didnt really know him as well as i should/could have done, so my way of paying my respects to him was to switch allegiances, i remember it well, Last day of the 1997-98 season, vs Stoke, won 5-2 but still got relagated to division 2.

So yes i confess i was a rag for my early football supporting life and for that i apologise.

I also refuse to believe im not the only one who started out red....

I feel better now.

Ah thats the same season I started following City, went to a few games before the 97-98 but they where one offs.
Anyway My Dad was a big Bolton fan and when I went living with him as a kid he would take me along to games, so I supported Bolton for a few years until I went back living with my Mum.
He lives in Spain now and supports Malaga C.F so I've always put it like this: support your local club.
I live close enough to City which is why I choose to support them. I sound mancunian, i am mancunian... My Dad hates Man Utd and so do I.
CTID!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.