A day out in Glossop

I’m off out next week doing some hikes above Glossop and Tintwistle, doing the plane wrecks probably do the over exposed B-29 as there’s a Dakota and a Lancaster up there as well within a very short hike, the Lancaster isn’t really mentioned much as it’s in a very over grown part of the tops, going up to Bleaklow which is tough going but worth it , @dirtyharry came up once with me and the lads we couldn’t keep up he’s a mountain goat the lad,
If your into this type of things there’s more above tintwistle moor which I’m doing hopefully next week while I’m building myself up, there’s a usaf lightening another lancy and there Hurricanes not much left but they are there.

Sadly not but .. there’s a load independent bakeries , the closest thing is Lymefield Garden centre in Broadbottom their farm is superb mate.
The Cafe in the garden centre is ok and they have a shop. Lymefield is ok there is also a farm shop opposite the Roe Cross in Mottram at the Cutting

As a resident - and someone who's grown very fond of the place - I'm intrigued by your comment. How is Glossop weird and why so hostile towards it?
To be fair mate, it was mid 70s. It's probably a lot different now.

I used to go in a Boozer called The Trap, a bit of an "in" pub then. I was from Stalybridge and not really welcome even though I was married to a Glossop girl.
I lived there for 2 years and didn't make 1 mate. Another guy I worked with in Stalybridge also had exactly the same experience when he bought a house in Glossop in the 70's. So it wasn't just me.

Anyway here's me in the mid 70s in my backyard in Glossop on my Bonneville.

1976 Bonny.jpg

To be fair mate, it was mid 70s. It's probably a lot different now.

I used to go in a Boozer called The Trap, a bit of an "in" pub then. I was from Stalybridge and not really welcome even though I was married to a Glossop girl.
I lived there for 2 years and didn't make 1 mate. Another guy I worked with in Stalybridge also had exactly the same experience when he bought a house in Glossop in the 70's. So it wasn't just me.

Anyway here's me in the mid 70s in my backyard in Glossop on my Bonneville.

View attachment 122061
That's a fair point Bill. I imagine much has changed since you left these parts. As for the Trap, it still exists (albeit now known as the Brook Tavern having undergone a number of name changes). It's reputation as a shit hole remains undiminished. Otherwise, that's a great picture. I'll bet you've not looked that cool since!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.