A day out in Glossop

My daughter and family live there, why I don't know it's a fucking nightmare, got be there in the morning for the school run, coming from Denton to drop him off at War Hill school in Mottram and then back to Simmondley after school, wait till their mum gets home, and then back to Denton

I do that journey a lot and the bottleneck in mottram is a nightmare at any time of the day.

No way I could deal with it every day.

My sister lives not far away from Glossop in Charlesworth, it's a desirable area to live now especially with the direct train for commuters into Manchester.

Been to the Italian restaurant (it's called "the Italian") and Napoli, both very good but as with everywhere prices have increased recently. The Italian do an afternoon- tea time deal which is good value.

Always a nightmare to drive to, especially in summer.

Manor Park is quite nice though, a mile or so towards Sheffield.

Moved here a few years ago and love it. Plenty of places for a beer and scoff. Yeah the traffic can be bad but due to the shifts I work that doesn’t really affect me most days. Loads of walks if that’s your thing (it wasn’t before I moved here) and 2 great parks in the town itself. Great rail service (when they’ve not broke down it on strike) to Manchester as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.