A decline in the quality of fresh produce. Discuss

Roughly 1% of the population work in agriculture in the UK,

Even if we used all of our land we couldn't feed all of the population, too many people on this planet and too many shortcuts making shit food. It wont be too long until the majority of us will be being fed government prescribed pellets.
We need to build on farm land for more housing ;-)

Well in the future the poor and dregs of society will live on this sorry for itself ravaged world. The rich will be on another planet loving life eating the finest quality food ha

We live in a weird country where we don't have enough houses, hospital beds school places doctors and dentists and where school playing fields were sold off and pension ages rise and there is shit in the streams and yet the thieves at the top still want more workers to run the hive and gullible idiots to support the big business who need them.

Build more buildings and bring more people in is the answer they cry :)

We live in a weird country where we don't have enough houses, hospital beds school places doctors and dentists and where school playing fields were sold off and pension ages rise and there is shit in the streams and yet the thieves at the top still want more workers to run the hive and gullible idiots to support the big business who need them.

Build more buildings and bring more people in is the answer they cry :)
And round and round we go

I refuse to eat farmed salmon. I wish more people would as it is the only thing that will drive change in that industry.
+ its responsible for decimating the wild population of salmon and sea trout because of sea lice infestations around the farms.
We have full stopp for fishing in all for norwegian rivers, becouse of low population of wild salmon, some says it will take many ears before people can fish in the rivers again.

@Two Gun Bob sorry mate, your excellent thread has been kidnapped. I will attempt to get it back on track.
Caernarfon is now a place where Shameless could have been filmed and probably for that reason, there is no M&S.
Fortunately there is still one good butcher fighting the good fight.
Two chicken breasts, 4 pork sausage, 1 pork loin steak and 2 black puddings, a tenner.
I've just done the BP' and the taste was excellent. The rest is for later.
M&S and perhaps Sainsbury's are the only supermarkets that do good meat.
Posters on here are going to the Co-op arena and buying, then moaning, about chemically enhanced water flavoured as lager for £9 and yet they moan when M&S charge less for a quality piece of meat.

@Two Gun Bob sorry mate, your excellent thread has been kidnapped. I will attempt to get it back on track.
Caernarfon is now a place where Shameless could have been filmed and probably for that reason, there is no M&S.
Fortunately there is still one good butcher fighting the good fight.
Two chicken breasts, 4 pork sausage, 1 pork loin steak and 2 black puddings, a tenner.
I've just done the BP' and the taste was excellent. The rest is for later.
M&S and perhaps Sainsbury's are the only supermarkets that do good meat.
Posters on here are going to the Co-op arena and buying, then moaning, about chemically enhanced water flavoured as lager for £9 and yet they moan when M&S charge less for a quality piece of meat.
A nice neck of the woods is Caernarvon and quite suprised that there's no M&S presence in the town, however a great £10 wrap off their local Butcher and nice to see them fighting back against the conglomerates. If any lost souls are planning on buying fresh 5% lean minced beef from Sainsurys, then their new unthought out vacumn packaging has turned their contents into dog meat.

The first to mess and hopefully the last!

Click the reviews for feedback. If you can make a Spag go Bol with this green packaging then your a good un!

It's impossible to make a Shep-Pie as it turns instantly to slop. They're aware of the issue but have chosen not to act on consumer concern. No mither with their other gear mind. Not ate their chicken so can't comment.

Some interesting posts re the salmon farms and have not eaten much fresh save for John Wests tinned. Unsure if that's factory farmed, but if so will cease and desist.

Some worrysome times on the horizon as old Mr Starmer prepares his oven ready deals for the fiscal pot. So in order to help members through the uncertain coming months, I've sourced a deal to help feed the family with fresher gear.

I urgently needed to change suppliers to meet our new excating standards, and although we were willing to pay 50% more for our better reared chicken breast supply, a little discount hunting wouldn't go amiss.

Heres the deal if anyone is remotely listening in as the country meats it's Waterloo.

Go to Ocado and register if your not already a member. Ocado deliver food and hold a 50% partnership with M&S.

There is a code to copy to checkout for a 25% discount up to a maximum of £20. VOU4435047
You will also get 3 months "anytime free delivery" worth £24 with no obligation to continue
And last but not least you will recieve a free Ocado tea towel worth £3.
So £47 discount on an £80 order equates to around a 60% discount. Insane but true!
Minimum spend for this deal is £60.

I have just cobbled together our shop for a Saturday midday delivery, buying 4 x 1kilo packs Oakwood Gold reared Chicken breast @ £36 and then filled the trolly with the remaining £44 of goods that were on offer. As an example 8 bottles of 2litre fanta and paid only for 4 bottles with a buy 2 get 2 free deal and lots of other half price gubbinge that we usually use, so no unnesasary purchases otherwise it negates the effort.

So thats our story come to a close, as we now face the next month happily tucking away into our delitious M&S Oakwood Gold Halland Slow Reared Chickens for all of our summer kebabs and stir fry's.

Good quality and good animal husbandry doesnt have to cost the earth, and with a little tickling and manipulation we can eat better for around the same price as we were paying for Aldis haggard broilers.

The icing on the cake is Ocado have also locked us into a Tesco price match and will refund the difference if the price is more than Tesco. And as a bonus we may even live longer as were now eating better. Hoozah!

If we work together we survive!
sIWow0i.gif

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.