A fact about a famous song ...

scall said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXJcIODLtQ[/youtube]

This was Christmas Number One weeks after John Lennon was shot. After he was shot, his record sales went through the roof. (Just Like) Starting Over was at number one the week after, then St Winifred's took Christmas Number One, then the following weeks, Imagine and Woman led the charts.

So in the aftermath of the shooting of one of the world's most famous artists and his most famous song (Imagine) was kept off Christmas Number One by St Winifred's.

I went to St Winifred's and by the time you were about 6 we all knew that frigging song off by heart because they were always playing or singing it. For the record, I never made it into the choir.
they also sang backing vocals on the track i smell winter ,recorded by the housemartins.

Dubai Blue said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJDnJ0vXUgw[/youtube]

The woman doing the incredible backing vocals on Gimme Shelter (Merry Clayton) suffered a miscarriage upon returning home from the studio due to the strain involved in reaching the highest notes.

Also, as a 14 year old, she was the first person to ever record 'The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)', although it didn't even reach the charts. Betty Everett recorded it later that year and it became one of the biggest hits of the 60s.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPx1Zlc0IBU[/youtube]

chedinho said:
paul simon wrote homeward bound at widnes railway station.

Ok I'll bite. This is a myth. The bloke whose house he was staying at gave him a lift to the station. The train arrived about 5 minutes later. Paul Simon has never confirmed that he wrote it at the station.

mancunial said:
A long way to Tipperary, was wrote by a guy called Jack judge in stalybridge no2 conservative club on the back of a cigarette packet one afternoon, for a five shilling bet, the next day it was sung in a concert hall and was then sang by the british soldiers of the first world war, rest my friends is history ! That's one thing Liverpool cant take away.

He wrote it in the New Market Inn on Corporation Street, not in no.2 conservative (cowd feet) club. Allegedly he already had most of the song partially written but it was a long way to Connemara! (It is and it stinks of horse & pony shite when the fair is on).

I'm not biting on Baker Street

A New England by Billy Bragg only had 2 of the 4 verses. The other 2 were written for the Kirsty MacColl cover. Since her death he now sings the full 4 verses as a tribute to her.

scall said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXJcIODLtQ[/youtube]

This was Christmas Number One weeks after John Lennon was shot. After he was shot, his record sales went through the roof. (Just Like) Starting Over was at number one the week after, then St Winifred's took Christmas Number One, then the following weeks, Imagine and Woman led the charts.

So in the aftermath of the shooting of one of the world's most famous artists and his most famous song (Imagine) was kept off Christmas Number One by St Winifred's.

I went to St Winifred's and by the time you were about 6 we all knew that frigging song off by heart because they were always playing or singing it. For the record, I never made it into the choir.

Sally Lindsay (Shelley from Cora) sang on this
Scall went to the same school as Sally Lindsay ?<br /><br />-- Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 am --<br /><br />
Hollywood Blue said:
MATCITY said:
Bob Holness played the sax on the song Baker St

that should get a few
No he didn't.

this lie was started by Stuart Maconie

Buffalo Soldier - Bob Marley
A song about a racially segregated black cavalry squad, who's task it was to clear native Americans so white people could claim the land

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.