a) Focus, b) VW Golf, c) other?

dr mcfc is mine said:
had a golf and it was a big mistake

How was it a big mistake mate?

Pigeonho said:
I wish I was poor, if poor is having £12k to spend on a car!

Well I got run over a couple of years ago and my compensation is just coming through. I decided it would be wise to invest in a decent motor that would last me and be economical in the long run. For the record, my annual salary is £21,000. £12k is the absolute top price I can pay, but I probably won't pay that much.

Pigeonho said:
You know what OP? With that much have you thought about a Kia?

I did consider a Kia, but I read a few reviews and decided they're not quite what I'm looking for.

Thenumber1blue said:
Golf by a mile,Different league.

On what basis mate?

A Focus is a great car as long as you stay away from the older 1.6 diesel engines as there was a problem with the oil feed to the turbo.

A VW golf is a good car but as your family grows it will be too small.

Have a look at Skoda's. Basically a VW but without the badge, for your money you will get a very nice car.

Servicing is cheap as the spares are cheap and they are very reliable. I changed cars earlier this year and asked around a lot of garages, not one bad word was said about Skoda.

Also, you will not need to spend 12K for a first family car.

Mazda 3 sport all the way!! Bluetooth hands free, Bose sound, heated seats, bang for buck blows the VW and ford out of the water.
apa8y5e9.jpg
Nice looking motor as well.

Pick one of Focus or Golf. For what they do they're the best all-round in the market.

Or put your name down for a Dacia Sandero :-)

I'd go for a Golf, worked for a Vauxhall dealer and Arnold Clark as a mechanic and uaed to hate Fords (fix or repair daily) and Vauxhalls but very rarely had any great problems with anything VW

*Thread hijcak*

I'm thinking of getting a Seat Ibiza next - anyone had one/got opinion of them?

117 M34 said:
*Thread hijcak*

I'm thinking of getting a Seat Ibiza next - anyone had one/got opinion of them?

I think Seat are now part of the VW group , and if that's right i can't see them being bad cars .....

Bought a new Focus 1.8 Zetec 4 years ago never had any trouble with it at all lovely car to drive done 38k now will definitely look at another when time comes to change.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I'm almost certainly going to go for a Focus. Seen some available, only a year old with less than 5000 miles on the clock for £8,500ish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.