A Game of Chess - El Clasico (Round 3 out of 4) (merged)

Re: Madrid vs Barca

Its the semi final of the biggest club cup in the world, course they're going to be cautious.

Real set their side out to smother the game, and hit Barca on the counter. This is why the game wasn't as impressive.

Also, when 2 bug side face each other, they usually turn into drab affairs, as the quality usually cancels each other out.

Best game this year (After the semi) has to be the hiding that Barca gave Real at the Nou Camp. I would take that over any game (Other than a city game) in the prem.

Clubber said:
Its the semi final of the biggest club cup in the world, course they're going to be cautious.

Real set their side out to smother the game, and hit Barca on the counter. This is why the game wasn't as impressive.

Also, when 2 bug side face each other, they usually turn into drab affairs, as the quality usually cancels each other out.

Best game this year (After the semi) has to be the hiding that Barca gave Real at the Nou Camp. I would take that over any game (Other than a city game) in the prem.
This - you have to understand the whole context of the game in terms of the Barca/Real rivalry that exists in Spain. It´s very political

The Copa del Rey final was much more entertaining than the 5-0 at camp nou. It was truly worth a classico and it wasn't just 1 side dominationg. There were 2 sides who could have won the game.

Neutral games where the other side only dominate and scores are boring.

Re: Re: Madrid vs Barca

ChicagoBlue said:
If THIS is the best football in the world, you can keep it!

I have never seen so many fairies rolling around in my life. What a joke!

They will quote all the Barca passing statistics, Messi scoring AGAIN and AGAIN (his 2nd was pretty damned good!), and Mourinho and Pepe being sent off, but (forgive me for saying it) I would rather have watched a Bolton vs Blackburn derby game at the end of the season with NOTHING at stake!

ENGLISH football is the BEST IN THE WORLD, with a few stars playing elsewhere in the world in leagues that have two or three decent teams, but EVERY WEEK is a battle of 11 vs 11....prima donnas need not apply!

LOL

Re: A Game of Chess - El Clasico (Round 3 out of 4)

cleavers said:
LoveCity said:
pro_photo1303936422.jpg

No different to Scholes on Zaba. Stonewall red.
Never thought anything else, piss poor tackle, and he knew what he was doing.

Can´t believe anyone´s even questioning it'
Could have shattered Alves´ leg quite easily - a shocking challenge. He got frustrated at not bossing the mid like last week coz he simply isn´t good enough in that position

...alls i wanna know is how the fuck a match between two teams plotted 313.58 miles apart is considered to be a friggin derby ? ! ?

el pathetico

Despite everything, I always enjoy watching Bolton Wanderers. But I would certainly rather watch El Clasico than us and Rovers any day of the week! Get a grip! ;)

You can't compare a regular Premier League match vs Champions League Semi final. Did you watch Man Utd vs Chelsea final 3 years ago? That was... boring, 1:1 draw all the way to penalties. And they are both PL teams, aren't they?

mike channon´s windmill said:
Could have shattered Alves´ leg quite easily - a shocking challenge. He got frustrated at not bossing the mid like last week coz he simply isn´t good enough in that position
I question it, the picture is misleading.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OMZyuFEOw&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OMZyuF ... r_embedded</a>

No contact, ball played, yet he rolls around as if his calf was shattered.

Castiel said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
I question it, the picture is misleading.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OMZyuFEOw&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OMZyuF ... r_embedded</a>

No contact, ball played, yet he rolls around as if his calf was shattered.
Listen, the way he went in , Alves is lucky to have his tib and fib still intact this morning - the intent was clear and there was contact . Alves made a meal of it but any Real player would have done the same. The intent was there and the challenge was reckless and dangerous , particularly at the speed Pepe came in.
Got what it deserved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.