A good media source tells it how it is

awest

Just back from West Ham, great day out with the blue army. Anyway, i've got a few little connections in the media through the work i do Mon - Fri. Not common knowledge as it's pretty mundane but never the less they are good folk.

This is what i have heard today from a very decent source.

The owners/chairman etc. were more than disgusted with the way Carlos acted last week when he was subbed against Bolton and have backed Mancini 100%. If there is a choice between Mancini and Tevez then the boss will get the owners backing 100% (see the Brian Kidd interview on MOTD on Saturday and read between the lines). Kidd's answers were very much pre-meditated and well thought out.

When Mancini said that there were certain players who were selfish against Bolton, he was having a pop at one man, Mr Tevez. And he wanted some sort of selfish reaction to prove his point, you all heard what the reaction was this evening with the transfer request. This request (delivered days ago) was what the owners thought might happen if the player concerned thought he was much bigger than the club, and more importantly, the player could get rid of the man who rules the club with an iron fist (Mancini)

Today we beat West Ham with ease and, without Tevez. This was the best result the owners and Mancini could have asked for. If we had lost then Carlos would have still been number one, and we couldn't operate without him, however, those 3 goals could be the most important in our recent history.

The owners see a stable Mancini as the future of this club. An unstable Carlito is something that they will move along, and out of the door without much fuss (see Robinho). The sad thing is, Carlos will never have a better marriage than the one he has now.

awest said:
Just back from West Ham, great day out with the blue army. Anyway, i've got a few little connections in the media through the work i do Mon - Fri. Not common knowledge as it's pretty mundane but never the less they are good folk.

The owners/chairman etc. were more than disgusted with the way Carlos acted last week when he was subbed against Bolton and have backed Mancini 100%. If there is a choice between Mancini and Tevez then the boss will get the owners backing 100% (see the Brian Kidd interview on MOTD on Saturday and read between the lines). Kidd's answers were very much pre-meditated and well thought out.

When Mancini said that there were certain players who were selfish against Bolton, he was having a pop at one man, Mr Tevez. And he wanted some sort of selfish reaction to prove his point, you all heard what the reaction was this evening with the transfer request. This request (delivered days ago) was what the owners thought might happen if the player concerned thought he was much bigger than the club, and more importantly, the player could get rid of the man who rules the club with an iron fist (Mancini)

Today we beat West Ham with ease and, without Tevez. This was the best result the owners and Mancini could have asked for. If we had lost then Carlos would have still been number one, and we couldn't operate without him, however, those 3 goals could be the most important in our recent history.

The owners see a stable Mancini as the future of this club. An unstable Carlito is something that they will move along, and out of the door without much fuss (see Robinho). The sad thing is, Carlos will never have a better marriage than the one he has now.
seems fair enough to me

awest said:

Very good point there. The manager has to be allowed to manage (even if he's making a balls of the job, and he isn't), and he can't be undermined by players (or by the board backing a player over him).

awest said:

Love it,hope all that is true,no player is as big as the club.

posted earlier on the teves thread

1--- who could afford him?

2----could he afford to buy himself out of contract?

3----only possibility is a swap deal

I'm amazed by what Carlos has done, he is in the best form of his career thanks to Mancini and he goes and betrays the club and shafts Mancini like this.

awest said:

I too believe the owners will back mancini with the "No player big than the club" philosophy.

However,

the man who rules the club with an iron fist (Mancini)

can't agree with this statement at all. In fact I feel the opposite my worry is that the players do not give Mancini the respect a manager should have.

We can't deny he is a top player though with a fantastic goals to game ratio. I just hope the situation can be resolved at least until the end of the season.

I said last week that Tevez was out off order at having a go at Mancini! Bottom line is Mancini is our manager and shouldn't be disrespected! Saying that Tevez is a great individual player for us and his goal scoring record for us is awesome. He is a selfish player and that is a Good trait in a striker. If he wants to go for family reasons I say thanks for 110% effort and goals for us and good luck.

awest said:

I'm glad to hear this is the board's approach. As crucial a player as Tevez has been, no player is bigger than the club. The thing I'm confused about is why he has handed in the transfer request. If his motives were solely family-related he wouldn't hand in a transfer request. He may think he may be able to engineer a move back to Argentina but the chances of that are pretty much nil. He will only be able to go to a club in Europe who can afford to pay £30-50m for his services. If he really wanted to go to Argentina he'd pay up his contract/mutually terminate with City and move there as a free agent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.