A HG Keeper

How much is Willy on a week?? Must be a good bit. I think Willy will stay this season maybe next season if either of the EDS keepers go out on loan this season be it both Gunn and Lawler send them both out on loan to a championship club and see how they get on. Bring both back next season with that experience under there belts and then you can in theory sell both Wright and Willy. Also split the games in the cup between Lawlor and Gunn or whoever does best on loan becomes the number 2 next season.

All of us agrees that buying Willy is a stupid thing but Pellegrini and Txiki have a different thought.

One of the most obvious moves that we could do this. If we end up with too many overseas players as per the jovetic scenario I’d expect Willy to be the next in line for dropping of the list.

There is even that ex youth keeper who was (is?) at Sunderland who’s name escapes me. He would love to come back and would be a Club Trained player.

Begovic - If he is happy to sit behind Courtois at Chavs, sit behind Joe at City.

He'll find himself as first team keeper earlier too (assuming he keeps up the standard) as Joe is Older than Courtois.

Meh, we've now got 3 key homegrown players already, leaving only space for one more (unless we went for a club grown player, or want to give ourselves a CL headache again). Not much of an issue anymore now we look to be getting Sterling. Someone like Keiran Westwood would be a bonus, given that he's club trained so is the ultimate freebie, but he's just started to rebuild his career at Wednesday after spending too long sitting on premier league benches, I doubt he'd want to go back to not playing.

I don't think it's as simple as people here seem to suggest. With the space this move would create we're looking at filling it with a squad filler CM. Could we actually find somebody significantly better than whatever homegrown options we can find that would be happy to do the same role? I'm doubtful of that. We're not suddenly going to be able to attract a much better player than someone like Delph just because we can go to the foreign market, yes, there's more options, and they're probably cheaper but they're still going to have the same issues as Delph had, i.e a concern about a lack of playing time. I'd personally rather have last seasons Joe Hart and pay a bit more if necessary to go down the homegrown route for central midfield cover than lose Willy, have Joe potentially go back to being complacent and start costing us points and have somebody as cover in midfield who in all likelihood will be cheaper but not much better than a homegrown option. I think we could potentially be sacrificing the first team standard to only slightly improve the squad level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.