A huge leap of faith.

Doesn't sound like a huge risk considering their financial position. They can sell the house, buy somewhere cheaper and live off that if they need to. Or get another job in the future.

Good on them both.

I’d trade not waking up ever again if it meant not having to go into my workplace it’s that toxic.
Totally agree. If I had my time again, and knowing what I know now, I'd have stuck two fingers up to my employer years before. Like you, I remember the sense of absolute dread on a daily basis at the thought of facing my workplace. I just wish I'd had the courage to make the decision sooner.

I've taken to calling my retirement my second childhood, only better cos now I can do pretty much whatever I want with only the missus to stop me :)
You just need to find some way of getting rid of the wife now Flook!

I’ve never understood why people like Neil Warnock and Roy Hodgson continue to work despite surely having enough money to retire a decade or two ago.

Workaholics baffle me. I’d sooner be relaxed and happy.
Simple, they love their job.
I saw McCartney in November, 3 hours on stage, did every Oz city then off to South America, he's 81, billionaire, he can never spend his money. Why is he still touring the world ? You can tell he just loves playing in a band.
Same with The Stones, Bob Dylan and Roger Waters

Totally agree. If I had my time again, and knowing what I know now, I'd have stuck two fingers up to my employer years before. Like you, I remember the sense of absolute dread on a daily basis at the thought of facing my workplace. I just wish I'd had the courage to make the decision sooner.

53 and I think I experienced my first panic attack this morning, such is the dread and depression I’m feeling over my work.

I’m sat here now and I literally can’t function. I simply don’t know what I can do.

Good on them both.

I’d trade not waking up ever again if it meant not having to go into my workplace it’s that toxic.
We're still working from home and I can't wait until I no longer need to go in. That said we might have no choice in the matter shortly :(

53 and I think I experienced my first panic attack this morning, such is the dread and depression I’m feeling over my work.

I’m sat here now and I literally can’t function. I simply don’t know what I can do.
Take care, it's a terrible feeling.

I doubt you're alone bud, work these days is almost serfdom to the employer, my daughter has good job, earns great money for her age, yet spends her time either stressed to the eyeballs or just crashed out recovering, no time to actually spend the money to enjoy herself, so slowly but surely she is dragged into the "buy stuff" way of thinking because otherwise, whats the point of earning?

the advent of technology has, contrary to the initial proclamations, reduced free time rather than increase it, everything is done to a tight timescale whether thats really necessary (or even mildly beneficial) or not, I lost count of the times I rushed things to hit unrealistic deadlines only for the results to sit on someones desk for a month before they got around to looking at it.

The most important lesson to be learned these days is the ability to say no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.