A huge leap of faith.

I’d need more money in my savings than that, work for me at this point is easy to find and pretty lucrative, actually still enjoy work. 55 is very young, that’s a lot of years ahead of you, sure you might get run over by a bus tomorrow but I don’t think I could do that

Got stuck in traffic one day. 45 minutes and I hadn't left the end of our road, that was it, it had been brewing for a while. I called the mrs, sold everything and basically 6 mths later buggered of to Catalonia in an old Transit van, bought 2 farms for the price of a cheap house in Sale. Best 8 years of my life, did things I'd never dream of doing. Tell your mate to just do it, whatever it is, he's only here once.
That.

Yup. Only expenses are your transport costs to and from the location, and normal living expenses when you're there. You have to be an animal lover though.

Trusted Housesitters website or app. You look after someone's house and pets while they go away on holiday. The host gets to leave their pet in its familiar environment, and have their property cared for while they're away.

Our most recent sit was looking after two cats in a mansion in Prestbury, January this year, for 9 days. We were free to do whatever we liked, so long as the cats were safely looked after. We had a lot of free time to explore the area.

Our first sit was in a lovely large house in Harrow. At the same time, we settled our son into his rented accommodation, for his first teaching job there. We had a wonderful time walking their two energetic dogs.

Another great sit was on the 25,000 acre Holkham Estate in Norfolk, looking after a couple of dogs again. Beautiful setting, lovely dogs, comfortable house, close to loads of beaches and historic towns and villages.

A great, inexpensive way of visiting new places. A friend of ours recently spent a month in Australia. £100 per year registration, covering membership fees and insurance - money well spent, and great for healthy retirees.

I retired as soon as I could in my 40s. Lucky enough to be financially secure otherwise we couldn’t, obviously. But if anyone is in that position then I don’t understand why they wouldn’t fuck working off asap; traffic jams, no time for fun stuff, restrictions, petty politics and bureaucracy and spending hours with people you‘re not particularly close to - absolute shite.

We get one life, make the most of it!

Yup. Only expenses are your transport costs to and from the location, and normal living expenses when you're there. You have to be an animal lover though.

Trusted Housesitters website or app. You look after someone's house and pets while they go away on holiday. The host gets to leave their pet in its familiar environment, and have their property cared for while they're away.

Our most recent sit was looking after two cats in a mansion in Prestbury, January this year, for 9 days. We were free to do whatever we liked, so long as the cats were safely looked after. We had a lot of free time to explore the area.

Our first sit was in a lovely large house in Harrow. At the same time, we settled our son into his rented accommodation, for his first teaching job there. We had a wonderful time walking their two energetic dogs.

Another great sit was on the 25,000 acre Holkham Estate in Norfolk, looking after a couple of dogs again. Beautiful setting, lovely dogs, comfortable house, close to loads of beaches and historic towns and villages.

A great, inexpensive way of visiting new places. A friend of ours recently spent a month in Australia. £100 per year registration, covering membership fees and insurance - money well spent, and great for healthy retirees.

I have a friend who does this, tells me he's never had a bad experience. If I tried it I'd get a horse or some such which would keel over within 5 minutes of the owner leaving the property :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.