A landmark you can get to....

samharris said:
Blue Tooth said:
singing+ringing+tree+1.jpg

Does that make noises when windy ??
Yss it does Pop over to You Tube and type in The Singing Ringing Tree sculpture

dmqrm1.jpg

The Völkerschlachtdenkmal in Leipzig. The largest man-made monument in the world, dedicated to the people who beat Napoleon. Incidentally, 200 years ago this year.

Not meaning to be a smartarse, but how do you define "The largest man-made monument in the world" ?
Is it "The largest man-made monument in the world for the people that defeated Napoleon" or "The largest man-made monument in the world"?.

Very impressive, by the way.

pominoz said:
Not meaning to be a smartarse, but how do you define "The largest man-made monument in the world" ?
Is it "The largest man-made monument in the world for the people that defeated Napoleon" or "The largest man-made monument in the world"?.

Very impressive, by the way.

I do apologise. It WAS the largest in the world when it was built. I think it's been overtaken by something else.
And to answer your question; if you notice the comma, then you'll see that it's not referring to the largest dedicated to those who defeated Napoleon, but the structure itself. Although, it actually is the largest dedicated to those who beat Napoleon!

]
220px-Bella_graffiti.jpg

This!<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:22 pm --<br /><br />
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
johnmc said:
mcfcinprague said:
It's now Hartshead Pike for me - A bit different from Prague

5 minutes from me. Looks resplendent in the morning sun. Never walked up to it yet!

Was up there a couple of months ago...

2dv3p8h.jpg

Hartshead pike

Near where I was born and also my screen saver!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.