A level results

No great surprise they’ve changed their mind on this. Independent schools scoring better than others based on an algorithm alone was never going to end well.
Algorithms always reflect the bias of the data that was inputted. The idea that an individual's grades could be determined by the average grades of their social circle over a number of years is just basically a formalized version of the class system. She's from a poor area, so she's probably a bit shitter at maths than little Tarquin. It's like those computer companies that are surprised when their fancy new AI robot turns out to be racist, because they've only fed it white faces and now it can't tell the difference between black people.

Anyway, it seems like the government eventually did the right thing. Let's be honest, anything that happens this year is going to be tainted anyway (#champions*).

Dont know what all the fuss is about...students with no idea going to uni, pissing it up the wall with no idea what they're going to do, then leaving and generally doing something totally irrelevant to the course they did. One of mine spent 3 years ' studying ' event managment just so she could organise weddings FFS. She's now doing OK in the insurance sector. If you're bright you'll do well in life, in general, if you're thick you wont, in general.

With a pandemic going on and soaring job losses between now and possibly next year, staying in education might be the best or more pragmatic option for most young people, more so than it would in normal circumstances. I think the idea of entering the job market at this time for an 18 year old could be rather difficult depending on what industry you’re in.

At least in my view. Others may differ on this and I suspect many will agree with your assessment.

With a pandemic going on and soaring job losses between now and possibly next year, staying in education might be the best or more pragmatic option for most young people, more so than it would in normal circumstances. I think the idea of entering the job market at this time for an 18 year old could be rather difficult depending on what industry you’re in.

At least in my view. Others may differ on this and I suspect many will agree with your assessment.
They could always take a year out and go trave...

...never mind.

Even Tory papers are going for the government tonite

Weak leadership and one fuck up after another they say

These kids will be voting next time,do the right things kids and parents

lots have kids can't now get into their uni's till next year it at all now,travelling is out so work it it

As a lifelong tory, liberal voter i regret Burnham getting outvoted twice for labour leader as right now hes the only politician across all parties im taking seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.