a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys

To change content on a website the whole thing doesnt need to be taken down really

They will have offline copies of all the articles, front page etc. Update them offline and then simply replace the old pages with the new. Its not that time consuming.

Similarly, they dont take the site down while a video is uploaded. All that is done first (in the background) Then a page with a link to the video is uploaded and the front page is amended to include links to the articles

Simples....

gillymcfc said:
Jonnos left peg said:
i'm gonna die if silva has fluffed his medical..

If he has the Med team must of changed since SANTA passed.
he seemed a happy boy leaving the hospital so i would imagine everything went ok? city get bugger all from ssn anyway!!! all about bloody beckham and scholes again!!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 pm --<br /><br />
jim_tolmies_perm said:
Guys

To change content on a website the whole thing doesnt need to be taken down really

They will have offline copies of all the articles, front page etc. Update them offline and then simply replace the old pages with the new. Its not that time consuming.

Similarly, they dont take the site down while a video is uploaded. All that is done first (in the background) Then a page with a link to the video is uploaded and the front page is amended to include links to the articles

Simples....
so why possibly could it have been down then??

jim_tolmies_perm said:
Guys

Simples....
Agreed, just lazy with the site, takes them 5 days to update the league table..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/July/Silva-wants-more-gold-with-Blues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... with-Blues</a>

I'm not a techie, but i expect the change from one online shop to another and addition of a number of additional features may need some structural changes that create downtime?

I am sure some of the nerds amongst us could expand on that hugely technical explanation so feel free to do so boys and girls ;-)

fbloke said:
I'm not a techie, but i expect the change from one online shop to another and addition of a number of additional features may need some structural changes that create downtime?

I am sure some of the nerds amongst us could expand on that hugely technical explanation so feel free to do so boys and girls ;-)

I didnt realise it was the whole shop!!!

Yes it will take more downtime but same principle. Instead of whole thing down, you would just say shoppping unavailable for x hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.