A little ditty to... Poems and songs.

BlueMoonRisin’

I found some ditties n' stuff on an old laptop the other day, some of you may remember them from the MuEN.
A friend of mine asked me to play around with some lyrics for a karaoke night around the time when Thaksin Shinawatra bought us out, and I wrote quite a few.

Here Is one that I wrote about my sky blue heroes from my memories as a young lad when my dad would take me to Maine Road.

To Logical Song/Supertramp

When i watched young, it seemed Maine Road was so wonderful, Oh Mercer miracles, big Malc coached beautiful, we played magical
And all sang Colin the king, Kippax singing so happily, oh Doyle-fully, Oakes Pardoe, Summerbee Lee- penalty

But then they knew how to play, Joe taught them how to play sensible, logical, oh so tactical, so honourable
And then they showed me a world where they could be defendable, I was fanatical, so beautiful, on the ball
There were times, when City made me weep, emotoion runs so deep, but I'm a City fan

Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned, those memories now are blurred, but i'm glad it's blue i am.

Since those great days, We've been to hell and back, critical
cynical, oh life was cruel, but comical
Oh we've got pride in our name, We'd like to feel we're
acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, 'Manchesterable' majestical(Oh City City yeah)

There are times before i go to sleep, those thoughts are mine to keep, for i'm a City fan

I am pleased, so pleased the tide has turned, moved on and I have learned, but my boyhood I still yearn
But please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, Blue I am.

Last edited:
German ravers Scooter did a cover of the Logical Song....I think this little ditty you've put together fits nicely with their version.........respect to the man in the ice cream van....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.