A Masterpiece - 1970 World Cup final

It'd be interesting to see how that team, at their prime, would fare against the Barcelona 2011 side, with the game played under modern rules and conditions. The game is just so much faster these days. As utterly hypnotic as that Brazil team undoubtedly was, they wouldn't get the time on the ball that they thrived on. They are, though, probably the best international side that there's ever been.

It'd be interesting to see how that team, at their prime, would fare against the Barcelona 2011 side, with the game played under modern rules and conditions. The game is just so much faster these days. As utterly hypnotic as that Brazil team undoubtedly was, they wouldn't get the time on the ball that they thrived on. They are, though, probably the best international side that there's ever been.
They were the best of their time. You can't ask more than that.

Comparisons with teams from other eras are irrelevant and impossible (and best left to your average Talk Shite presenter).

My first World Cup. I was 8. The weather in England was amazing that summer. I had a yellow t-shirt and a red t-shirt and we all relived the goals at school every day. Footage of the final brings back so many memories.

These were better imho, not seen anything like them before or since.

Always remember rushing back from primary school on a boiling hot sunny afternoon to catch the game against Italy and being crushed when they got beat, fabulous side.

Always remember rushing back from primary school on a boiling hot sunny afternoon to catch the game against Italy and being crushed when they got beat, fabulous side.
Was absolutely devastated, never seen football like that before, almost every goal they scored that tournament was a goal of the season contender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.