A Masterpiece - 1970 World Cup final

Before my time but i love watching footage of that time.

The strong colours, the slightly blurred picture, the crackling commentary just made you know this was going on 1000s miles away.
Was still like that as a kid. Spain 82 was my first world cup and it brings back awesome memories of childhood

It'd be interesting to see how that team, at their prime, would fare against the Barcelona 2011 side, with the game played under modern rules and conditions. The game is just so much faster these days. As utterly hypnotic as that Brazil team undoubtedly was, they wouldn't get the time on the ball that they thrived on. They are, though, probably the best international side that there's ever been.

Very hard to judge. In terms of international football, it's not much quicker at all based on these Euro's. Lots of sitting off keeping it tight whilst the opposition slowly pass it around.

The reason Germany and Spain have stood out so far is because they've been the only teams to play quickly and run at the opposition.

That Brazil side would probably beat England now, even if the majority aren't even alive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.