a match boycott is a must

pokerjokerz said:
I am afraid you reap what you sow, as we've witnessed over at OT for some time now.

The more succesful you become, the more people want to knock you off your perch ( copyright of Sir Alex Ferguson ). You will become the team others want to beat, and the more you win, the more people will turn up hoping to see your asses getting kicked.

The more people want to see their team play City, the more the clubs will charge. A classic example was back in the 2004/5 season against Birmingham. United played away against Birmingham City and they charged us £50.. FIFTY GOD DAMN QUID... The following week they were playing Bolton at home, and charging away fans £15.

Thats how stupid it gets, and because your now a Category A team, the clubs will whack up the prices knowing that fans will pay it. The more you are recognised, the more it will cost you to go watch your own team.

sadly, as we at United found ( I was a founder member of FC United and haven't been inside OT since 2005 ) as one mug walks out the door, another mug will take their place, and so will be the case with City. Loyal fans, those who've been going for decades through thick and thin, will find themselves priced out, and some flash twat from London who only supports the team because they are succesful and it suits him image to be attached to the most succesful team, will whack the cost of a ST on his credit card and gladly take their place.

Like it or not, you will find that everything thats happened over at OT will happen to your fans, because thats the price you pay for success.

Personally, I'd give up every trophy I've ever seen United lift, to get back to the days when loyalty to the team actually meant something. Now its purely about ££££££.. A vicious circle.

The team wins trophies
The club gains more supporters
Demand to get tickets rise
THe ticket prices go up
More local fans get priced out
Tourists start turning up
The club makes more money off merchandise, package deals etc
The club attracts better sponsors
The club makes more money
The club can afford better players
The better players win more trophies

And so ad infinitum...

Every city fans worst nightmare. We just pray that by some miracle the sheik at least makes games affordable to the traditional fan. At the moment its still okay but slowly it seems to be heading that direction, ultimately it may depend on how any extension impacts on the prices of season tickets

nwhn3 said:
pokerjokerz said:
I am afraid you reap what you sow, as we've witnessed over at OT for some time now.

The more succesful you become, the more people want to knock you off your perch ( copyright of Sir Alex Ferguson ). You will become the team others want to beat, and the more you win, the more people will turn up hoping to see your asses getting kicked.

The more people want to see their team play City, the more the clubs will charge. A classic example was back in the 2004/5 season against Birmingham. United played away against Birmingham City and they charged us £50.. FIFTY GOD DAMN QUID... The following week they were playing Bolton at home, and charging away fans £15.

Thats how stupid it gets, and because your now a Category A team, the clubs will whack up the prices knowing that fans will pay it. The more you are recognised, the more it will cost you to go watch your own team.

sadly, as we at United found ( I was a founder member of FC United and haven't been inside OT since 2005 ) as one mug walks out the door, another mug will take their place, and so will be the case with City. Loyal fans, those who've been going for decades through thick and thin, will find themselves priced out, and some flash twat from London who only supports the team because they are succesful and it suits him image to be attached to the most succesful team, will whack the cost of a ST on his credit card and gladly take their place.

Like it or not, you will find that everything thats happened over at OT will happen to your fans, because thats the price you pay for success.

Personally, I'd give up every trophy I've ever seen United lift, to get back to the days when loyalty to the team actually meant something. Now its purely about ££££££.. A vicious circle.

The team wins trophies
The club gains more supporters
Demand to get tickets rise
THe ticket prices go up
More local fans get priced out
Tourists start turning up
The club makes more money off merchandise, package deals etc
The club attracts better sponsors
The club makes more money
The club can afford better players
The better players win more trophies

And so ad infinitum...

Every city fans worst nightmare. We just pray that by some miracle the sheik at least makes games affordable to the traditional fan. At the moment its still okay but slowly it seems to be heading that direction, ultimately it may depend on how any extension impacts on the prices of season tickets

You don't need to look just at United for evidence. Look at Chelsea and Arsenal, the two most expensive clubs for fans to go to, in the PL.

I remember going to Chelsea back in the 80s when the Shed end was just that.. a shed... The ground was half empty and you could buy a ticket for next to now't.. Now go try get a ticket for a Chelsea game, and it will cost you half a weeks wages and some to sit amongst some of the biggest muppets you'll ever see at a football ground. Porsches parked outside, suits.. The Headhunters must be cringing..

As for Arsenal, I really hate to do this, but this is the kind of idiot that success breeds. If you think Pete Boyle is bad, this takes it to a whole new level...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuua8Rrz9Hs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuua8Rrz9Hs</a>

and if you thought it couldn't get worse

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91dg8bViklA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91dg8bViklA</a>

Sorry, but the proof of what success breeds doesn't just lie at OT, its there at other grounds too..

As long as fans carry on paying, prices will continue to rise and every ground will look like The Riverside. Prices will probably hit £100 a game. The only way a boycott could happen is if the club agree with us and make the stance themselves. Alternatively the fans arrange a mass boycott but that would be dependant on all fans backing the idea without some idiots buying tickets anyway.

IMO it will only take one club to make a stand, other clubs would then follow suit.

ManCitizens. said:
IMO it will only take one club to make a stand, other clubs would then follow suit.

You have absolutely no chance of this ever happening. Look at what happend at Liverpool, United and Arsenal when boycotts were mentioned. A few mooted the idea and 90% of the supporters came up with the same old line "I support the team through thick and thin.. I could never stop going". Its on that premise that the clubs are working.

If say 90% of the fans won't stop paying, then why the hell should they stop increasing prices. They are playing on fans loyalty to the team ( or as our beloved David Gill would call it.. THE BRAND )

Like it or not, the more you love your team, the more its going to cost you to go watch them. Over at OT they even had the cheek to suggest that if you didn't pay then you didn't love the club enough... Those who truly loved the team would pay whatever it costs...

Its a sick joke...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.