a match boycott is a must

_64728066_016727895-1.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20700529

The perfect away protest would be one fan. Just one, in one block, alone, all by themself. Not two or three, or we'll talk Fulham!

2qd3fwz.jpg

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=141721&start=30&view=print

I support the concept of a boycott somewhere because tickets are too expensive now (I think Arsenal in January is the first match I've decided not to attend because of cost) but I struggle to see how it will be supported by all or even organised and promoted.

You don't boycott the game because you are just cutting your nose off to spite your face
You go to the match and support city but you do not buy a thing from them or the concessions no beer (if sold) no food/snacks or drinks (I am sure you can do without for under 2 hours) and not even a programme
This will hurt them as they will have to throw away all the stock as it should not be re heated to be re sold and they will have paid the staff to stand about

Most Catering is outsourced at football (the Coates Family at Stoke are Lindley Catering IIRC) and this won't affect the host Club directly. I think the idea was to have a half empty stand to ensure the message is visual and seen in Papers etc. City fans not buying a Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel at Arsenal is nothing new!

Caterers will stop tendering for the concessions if no one buys from them and you still see the game

People will buy hot drinks when it's cold and cold drinks when it's hot. I'm still sceptical that any kind of boycott can both be promoted and enforced throughout our support given how diverse we all are. Not everyone uses Twitter or reads on here etc. You can't control people.

peoffrey said:
People will buy hot drinks when it's cold and cold drinks when it's hot. I'm still sceptical that any kind of boycott can both be promoted and enforced throughout our support given how diverse we all are. Not everyone uses Twitter or reads on here etc. You can't control people.
Your right People will buy things just like people will still buy match tickets whatever the price because that is what they want to do
I don't agree with it but it will happen

This is the problem. Lot of people think the prices are ridiculous but others are willing to pay. All that happens is the type of fan changes from your traditional working class to your more rugby Union type. Football has moved on whether we like it or not. A boycott wouldn't work because the people who are happy to pay the prices would still take up the tickets. Not until sky pull out will things possibly change, but by then I suspect I lot of fans will have been lost along with the next generation because their dad couldn't afford to take them.

MCC said:
I think something needs to be done. Prices are outrageous now. An organised Geoff Boycott by all teams is possibly the only way forward. Everyone together.
Its the only way that any impact can be had. Its utterly pointless boycotting food, drink, and programmes, I've been doing that for well over 10 years, and I know many others have, but we're still a minority. Its also pointless one club boycotting one match, nobody will give a toss.

The only significant impact is if football supporters up and down the country join together, and say enough is enough on pricing and give a whole weekends games a miss. It can be done if enough people want it, but that is the problem, the vast majority just want to moan about it on therads like this and won't do anything when it comes to the crunch.

Meanwhile we'll carry on having the piss taken by right thinking clubs like Arsenal and Norwich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.