A new fan..

Skashion said:
danburge82 said:
Watching the THOUSANDS desert our team at 2-0 down at Wembley in 1999 with no thought about supporting the boys to the end showed me exactly what sort of fans we had. "City fans were loyal when they were in Division 2" was said, and is said very very often. But when the going actually got tough and it looked as though we would have another season in the third division the real arrogant sods with huge superiority complexes really showed their true colours right there and then.

So nothing surprises me about football fans. Fickle isn't the word, well it is but to an unbelievable level when it comes to football fans.
The forum needs a new Kiam and I'm nominating you.
My Lad wanted to leave but I told him your a City fan learn to suffer. Saying that though, I don't blame them for leaving. But I know that they would have all been back for the start of the season even if we had stayed down. Unlike the disappeared 30,000 Gillingham fans.

My Blues (note not our Blues or your Blues but MY Blues) could be relegated to the conference and I would still support them. I was there when we were sh1t, Darlington, York, Bury (home) but it is in my blood. Christ under Pearce I was dying inside but you can't just can't change your team. Sorry but this is the kind of 'fan' we will now attract but he isn't a true fan, why pick us is the question I will leave it to others to supply the answer.

Blue Mist said:
My Blues (note not our Blues or your Blues but MY Blues) could be relegated to the conference and I would still support them. I was there when we were sh1t, Darlington, York, Bury (home) but it is in my blood. Christ under Pearce I was dying inside but you can't just can't change your team. Sorry but this is the kind of 'fan' we will now attract but he isn't a true fan, why pick us is the question I will leave it to others to supply the answer.

This.

The **** should feel lucky he's not a County fan..

Two of my mates are massive Stockport County fans. Now lingering in the relegation of the Blue Square premier league. They haven't deserted them to support us, and fucking rightly so.One of them suggested just giving up and supporting someone else, the other slapped him and quite right.

Never EVER desert your team and glory support, its the easiest form of escapism.

Jumping ship its just wrong, its sad and its immoral and says alot about a persons character if you ask me. I know a lad who used to knock about in a City shirt when he was a kid but changed cause he wanted to be attached to the success the rags were having. Never goes to games or makes and effort and will never get any respect from me in terms of being a football fan. I understand its not as bad to do it when your a kid and with semi good reasoning but your club is your club you make that choice for whatever reason and then thats it. Its something i feel strongly about i fucking hate glory hunters and plastics there is a certain type of persona that goes with it. There is a big difference between a supporter and a follower.

Hmm.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this; in my opinion, you can't CHOOSE to a City fan, but you are chosen. I don't EVER remember choosing to be a Blue... I just was. I can't even explain how it happened and I'm serious. I think I liked a song, one day!

Anyway, even now, there are teams you could support more than City, but there identifiable reasons which link us to the club.

I mean, why the fook would I, as a kid, want to be embarrassed year upon year at the lowly status we endured. I could have just gave it up and watched rugby or *gag* the Scum... Nah, my spirit was stronger than that. Synonymously close to being broken, bloodied and bowed, like my Blues in my Life, I have only ever fallen to one knee and raised up determined to die on my feet.

I believe the club chooses us for reasons we can relate to.

Bigga said:
Hmm.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this; in my opinion, you can't CHOOSE to a City fan, but you are chosen. I don't EVER remember choosing to be a Blue... I just was. I can't even explain how it happened and I'm serious. I think I liked a song, one day!

Anyway, even now, there are teams you could support more than City, but there identifiable reasons which link us to the club.

I mean, why the fook would I, as a kid, want to be embarrassed year upon year at the lowly status we endured. I could have just gave it up and watched rugby or *gag* the Scum... Nah, my spirit was stronger than that. Synonymously close to being broken, bloodied and bowed, like my Blues in my Life, I have only ever fallen to one knee and raised up determined to die on my feet.

I believe the club chooses us for reasons we can relate to.

This!! Great post mate.

ccr said:
My Lad wanted to leave but I told him your a City fan learn to suffer. Saying that though, I don't blame them for leaving. But I know that they would have all been back for the start of the season even if we had stayed down. Unlike the disappeared 30,000 Gillingham fans.
I was on the steps on the way out for both goals although I was eleven and it was my disloyal father who wanted to leave - not that I protested mind you.

I walked up the tunnel at Maine Road aged 6 yrs old in 1969 for the first time...that first sight of the green turf will stay with me for ever....I'd heard the stories from dad about City greats like Bell and I can honestly say that the moment I saw that grass something pure and magical cursed through my veins...I have maintained that feeling for the blues ever since come high or low. I simply AM a City fan in the same way that I am me.

You can never justify abandoning your team, Vinjay you make it sound like Blackburn and their fans have a vendetta against you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.