A new fan..

andy86 said:
Your heart, soul and football club form a bond in the early years. By this point its too late, that bond becomes unbreakable. I'd like to think I'm speaking for a few of us when I say, even if you tried to stop supporting your club or stop going (even both), you couldn't break that bond. You'd still know all the results, you'd still feel the highs and the lows. Personally following city have formed many aspects of my personality. City and my experiences supporting them is a major part of who I am. And you can't stop being you!
I think, looking at this experience and the many Rags who jump ship, that it is different for some than others. For some it is a way of life whereas to some it's just wearing a colour or a brand.

Now, it's brand City and it's Blue but next week (in 30 years maybe) it will be brand Spurs and be sad. It takes all kinds as they say and not all swing from the same tree.

andy86 said:
Your heart, soul and football club form a bond in the early years. By this point its too late, that bond becomes unbreakable. I'd like to think I'm speaking for a few of us when I say, even if you tried to stop supporting your club or stop going (even both), you couldn't break that bond. You'd still know all the results, you'd still feel the highs and the lows. Personally following city have formed many aspects of my personality. City and my experiences supporting them is a major part of who I am. And you can't stop being you!

That´s bollox, a mate of mine had no interest in footy at club level before his mid-40´s. Now he´s a stout loiner.

I think it's predominantly young people who change teams like they change their socks. A lot of them only 'support' clubs like the rags because they don't want to be the brunt of all the piss-taking from their social circle. At a young age they don't really have the courage of their convictions so they go with the flow.
I think once you reach a certain age you make your own mind up and say: "Fuck everyone elses opinion. I'll support who I want to support".

Personally none of this is applicable to me. I'm 55 and I've been a Blue since the '60's, and it has never once occurred to me to support another team - despite the stick I've taken over the years.

I could no more change my allegiance to City than I could drink the Pacific Ocean

Now then new City fan how are you feeling right now??...elated that we stayed top or are you really wishing you had been at OT today to watch your own team pull of an historic win? The answer will tell you where your heart really lies.

Blue Tooth said:
Now then new City fan how are you feeling right now??...elated that we stayed top or are you really wishing you had been at OT today to watch your own team pull of an historic win? The answer will tell you where your heart really lies.

Excellent post, I hope Vinjay answers the question.

I have always been City, I couldn't ever change but I can see how some people can.

The whole meaning of a football supporter , is a person who goes to matches when they are playing shite , because when the good times come , it is so much sweeter. When city collect the premiership in May , it will be better than any of the last dozen titles yooonited have won , because we have come from virtually nothing in just over a decade. (The mentality of a person changing clubs when times are hard , puts into question thier loyalty and passion for football , and hence they will get called tourists/gloryhunters etc.)
We have 5 generations of Blues in my family , and 35 years winning fuck all hasnt changed that , and the next 50 years are in safe hands , ctid

Don't get it. Could never think about switching clubs even during the dark days with Swales. Wonder if a switch back would be on the cards if some rich individuals came in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.