a question about your local chippy...

citybru said:
Talking about my local chippy...

What's the deal with not being allowed to take your own food into Etihad? Have you had this problem too? I can't find anything on it in the Stadium regulations... maybe the ones on the official website aren't up to date anymore?

Can't be tossed to spend a fortune on summin I can get at Tesco's for a quarter of the price.

Ah, so that's why they check all bags on the way into the stadium? Just in case your trying to sneak a pork chop into the match.

Triads run my local chippy. I went in for sausage and chips. Came out with 4 dodgy DVD's, a wife, 2 machine guns and a sackful of weed

Yes yes i know

REPORTED

All the chippies around here take the skin off.

Bury has to be the crappiest place for chippies, there's so many of them yet they are poor quality.
The Chinese food they serve is awful as well.... 6 within walking distance of me and the only Chinese food I can stomach is Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings, which is a Side.

Stevie B said:
All the chippies around here take the skin off.

Bury has to be the crappiest place for chippies, there's so many of them yet they are poor quality.
The Chinese food they serve is awful as well.... 6 within walking distance of me and the only Chinese food I can stomach is Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings, which is a Side.

exactly... you'd think it's a potato - you throw it in fat and fry it, what on earth could go wrong, right?

-- Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 pm --

Lancet Fluke said:
It always amazes me how people don't seem to be discerning when it comes to chips. So many chippies don't appear to know how to make chips these days yet still havwe plenty of custom. Too often you get under cooked, floppy, bright yellow, greasy pieces of shit that are just inedible. A genuinely good chippy is wonderful, they are difficult to find these days though.

^^^^ I agree x100

and if anyone knows a decent one in Blackburn/Darwen I'd love to know it!

(and is the secret really using a little - or even a lot? of animal fat?)

was researching a company thing in Brighton a couple of weeks ago and we had lunch in a PROPER chippy. they only use line caught fish and they peel their own potatoes as they need them rather than buying in those pre-cut chilled bags. I have to say I haven't had chips that good since I was at home as a kid before takeways were invented. I had forgotten the taste!

mind you it was £11.50 for the fish and chips plus a drink!

Ronnie the Rep said:
was researching a company thing in Brighton a couple of weeks ago and we had lunch in a PROPER chippy. they only use line caught fish and they peel their own potatoes as they need them rather than buying in those pre-cut chilled bags. I have to say I haven't had chips that good since I was at home as a kid before takeways were invented. I had forgotten the taste!

mind you it was £11.50 for the fish and chips plus a drink!

I once paid more than that for fish & chips in Manhattan - and from a REAL British chippy, ah aha; someone I was visiting (an American) knew about them, and before I knew it this 'phone was thrust into my face and there was a Brit on the other end of the line asking me what I wanted to order, for delivery of course. Bloody expensive, but it was authentic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.