A question for those who remember the bad old days ... which is more nerve wracking, relegation last days or title deciders?

We're favourites tomorrow too. What's the difference? You're surely still nervous about tomorrow, whether we're favourites against Villa or not.
Every time we have a good chance of going down or up on the last day we always went down or up. Only time we satyed up when could have gone down was 1994 but we were about 1/10,000 to stay up needed 7 goal swings etc and 5 results against us and so I didn't even feature.

Today we are no better or worse if we don't win in terms of next season on any tangible measure, it is not the relegations that were more nervous, it was throwing away a possible promotion in 2000, 1989, 1999, and 1985. !989 would have been the worst as we needed about a 5 goal swing to go down and at one point it was happening, and clearly 1985 was just a party after great early start and a goal keeper straight from the school team for Charlton.

1989 would have been the worst as we needed about a 5 goal swing to go down and at one point it was happening
Almost but not quite.

We were one nil down at Bradford which meant Palace needed a 5-0 win. They were 4-0 up at half and ended up only winning 4-1

Then up stepped tricky Trev.

Yes, you're absolutely right about the Ipswich one. I mentioned it because the behaviour pof Ipswich fans that day was beyond shite. Hated them ever since. But we went into a couple of games at least with a chance of saving ourselves and it didn't happen. That's more what I was talking about. Funnily enough though, we went into a couple of last day promotion games and managed to win those. Four at least, actually, if you count the play-off final. They were equally nerve wracking. It was VS Blackburn, Bradford and Charlton as well, I seem to remember. Back in the inflatable banana days. It's nice to reminisce about how far we've come since then, anyway, you have to admit.
I was at Portman Road that day and can concur with the odd exception that the Ipswich fans were a bunch of gobby twats.
A few of the inbred wankers were hiding behind the police mouthing off.

We went back the season after in the FA Cup and dicked them 4-1 live in the BBC.
Match announcer came on the pitch at half time when we were 1 nil up mouthing off asking if we remembered the game last season and complaining that the corner that led to a Berkovic worldie that had put us in front should have been a goal kick
Like a lot of fans who laughed at us back then they're not so gobby now are they...

Almost but not quite.

We were one nil down at Bradford which meant Palace needed a 5-0 win. They were 4-0 up at half and ended up only winning 4-1

Then up stepped tricky Trev.
Hence the about, couldn't remember the exact details but most fans were shitting themselves all second half, especially after the 3-3 after being 3-0 up the game before. If anything could go wrong it would...

In a position where you have to win, and the likelihood being that you should, is far worse than being in a position where you need to win, and the likelihood is that you won't. The worse position, and the one which in many ways sums up my personal history at City is the game against Stoke, where unlikely victories from fellow-strugglers did for us! No matter what you do there's always someone out there who can fuck you over!

Relegation is the worst feeling for me ,Luton was a killer with Pleat skipping across the pitch , Liverpool & Stoke were horrible to .
A season of lows ,poor football , constant beatings in majority of games , plus ridicule from the bighead rags lot .
Who would of thought that being able to sing City the best team in the world
would have true real meanings .
We has fans have become spoilt with the quality of everything connected to the name of MCFC due to the owners & organisation .
Thankyou for giving us the ride or our lives & many more to come, regardless of todays game .
City ! City ! The Best Team In The Land !

Relegation much more stressful we may never recover from it
We lose today we are still second and will win next year
That said we will win by 2 today x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.