A question on Georgi Kinkladze

Great player Ali B but we never got him in his prime sadly.

Was great in the First Div when we were totally dominating matches, but struggled when we moved up to the Prem, the standard improved, and became an impact player. Controversial but Eyal Berkovic was equally as impressive player for us. His performance at Old Trafford in the 1-1 was one of the best midfield performances I had seen up to that time, ironically it was one of his last contributions in a City shirt.

Was great in the First Div when we were totally dominating matches, but struggled when we moved up to the Prem, the standard improved, and became an impact player. Controversial but Eyal Berkovic was equally as impressive player for us. His performance at Old Trafford in the 1-1 was one of the best midfield performances I had seen up to that time, ironically it was one of his last contributions in a City shirt.
Don't think it's controversial, they were both great in the Championship but Berkovic was brilliant in the Prem as well.
He was MOTM in both derbies, the 3-1 at Maine Road he ran the game. Shame he fell out with Keegan in the following pre-season and he was gone.

Berkovic was a wonderful player but an utter cock of a man.

He used to rock up with his "entourage" for home games, all dressed in head to toe in black, looked and acted like utter bell ends.

My favourite ever City player. A total god. But the Ajax scout had the right opinion on him.

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
I always say he will - but I'm biased as fuck when it comes to Gio.
He'd probably not make the bench to be honest.

Now Tony Grealish on the other hand...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.