A question to the Hughes Outers

de niro said:
Kazzydeyna said:
Un-be-fucking-lievable.

Fourth in lge. Game in hand. Second best form team in lge. And many on here are harking back to the promised land of mid table mediocrity. 8 draws in a row. Can't defend won't defend.

What woulld you rather have? The best chance in generations of seeing us achieve a top lge position or finishing mid table again getting knocked out of the cup by the
mighty forest.

If the clueless wanker had still been here we would have likely finished 8/9/10th. We would still have had robinho taking the piss out of us. Instead we are heading upwards to fourth. The lazy useless "best footballer in the world (TM)" has gone back to a footballing backwater where he deserves to be (the Brazilian league is utter shite).

When we beat pool on sunday we will be 4pts clear of 4th with a game in hand.

Some knobs on here are claiming we've been lucky to win games under Mancini. Maybe. But we were definitely lucky against Bolton,burnley and hull under Hughes.

ANY city fan clamouring for the return of Hughes or whinging that he shouldn't have been sacked is either a second rate carpet salesman or NOT a city
fan. Or worse. A "city fan" that jumped on the bandwagon when the
money came into play.

Unbelievable. Carry on whinging knobheads and cry when our owners decide this game isn't worth the candle and move on.

Be very careful what you wish for.

i think this is a pop at me for some reason.

first, dont pick on me, not wise,
the "nobheads" have their opinion just like the people who did'nt rate hughes.
i dont know if you have been watching the games but the moans and groans at last night match was all to see, that was just with the line up.
we did have a good spell and had we had swp on earlier, stevie from the start we would have won that game. viera did nothing last night except give the ball away at every oppotunity. in his day he was a class act but against stoke, at stoke it was the wrong desision to play him.then whilst looking to get 3 points from somewhere bob brings zab on,why? he then kicked the ball out for a delap throw and led to their "winner".
the way i see it we only play half a game, every game we are dire for 45 minutes, if we do that in the run in, with the teams yet to play we will end up 10th.
no doubt you will come back playing the big city fan but take a look around, no one fears manchester city, home or away, that with our players is criminal.
p.s.
dont start coming on here say people who dont agree "are not city fans" i can assure you they are. when you've been here a while you get the to see that.

i too posted that we should be careful for what and this what we have now, we have sacked a manager, mid season, its a disgraceful way i might add and it has got us precisley nowhere.this why bob should be given the job and the money to buy the players that understand his bizarre tactics, in fact what we should have done in january.

lastly, if our owners do pull the plug city will still be city, any league, any level, city are city, we will still be here.well i will.

Sorry to disagree but Vieira was our best midfield player last night. Also the first substitute was SWP who preceded to do nothing. Zab came on because Micah had taken a knock. Also, Stevie is having a bad season, and it's up to him when givent he chance to say to the manager he can't be dropped. Unfortunately he was poor against Stoke at home.

Finally, there winner was down to Shay not commanding his 6 yard box!

Pigeonho said:
This by no means is a 'I want to get your back up' kind of question. Its a genuine question which, in most cases, (depending on the mental age of the poster), should be a one word answer. My question is this. You wanted Hughes gone, fair enough that was your opinion, however based on how we're playing and how we STILL are not beating teams we 'should' be beating, are you still of the mindset that he should have gone? As i say its a genuine question and i'd appreciate genuine answers, not answers off little no-marks like Soulboy who just berate anything against anything Blue. I know you weren't 'Hughes outers, Mancini Inners', therefore Mancini was probably not on your minds, but now you have had your wish and Hughes is gone, we're out of the cup and doing equally as poor in the league under Mancini, do you still think it was right to get rid?

Im very glad Hughes has gone, it would have been a disaster to keep him, besides all the money he wasted he would now be buying the likes of Upshite to strengthen his 60 million pound defence

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Again, on this thread we have very vocal former 'Hughes Inners' being extremely quick to write off the new manager and to show no respect for the 'give him time' mantra that was their war cry for their fallen hero.

Including a couple at least who I recall beingdisparaging and insulting towards Mancini before he had even managed a game here (another nice irony given the oft repeated "you won't give him a chance because he is a rag" accusations of old).

So I suppose my question to them is, if you were so prepared to give Hughes time (a stance that is fine, even if I don't agree with it) then how come you are so vociferous with the attacks and running down of Mancini - especially given the disparity in the time that he was here and the time that Hughes was being credited with 'needing more time.'

Was your rabid support for anything Hughes really down to a belief in a manager needed millions and millions and a couple of seasons before he can be judged (in which case why the change now) or was it just a blind belief that Hughes was a quality manager and that Mancini is not (in which case I'd love to see an attempt by you to construct that argument with anything approaching rational evidence)

Thought i would give this post a quick bump. Best post in the thread, and one no-one seems to have answered.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Pigeonho said:
This by no means is a 'I want to get your back up' kind of question. Its a genuine question which, in most cases, (depending on the mental age of the poster), should be a one word answer. My question is this. You wanted Hughes gone, fair enough that was your opinion, however based on how we're playing and how we STILL are not beating teams we 'should' be beating, are you still of the mindset that he should have gone? As i say its a genuine question and i'd appreciate genuine answers, not answers off little no-marks like Soulboy who just berate anything against anything Blue. I know you weren't 'Hughes outers, Mancini Inners', therefore Mancini was probably not on your minds, but now you have had your wish and Hughes is gone, we're out of the cup and doing equally as poor in the league under Mancini, do you still think it was right to get rid?

100% delighted. I wanted Mancini in at the start of 2009.

We are doing far better in the league under Mancini - to suggest otherwise is a distortion of reality.

Wow - can I borrow your glasses - and do you have a spare pair I can give the girlfriend - everything looks bigger

Edited to say - mind you - what is the point going on about Hughes - he is gone and is not coming back - we need to move on with Mancini - but lets not distort the truth

getyourratout said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Again, on this thread we have very vocal former 'Hughes Inners' being extremely quick to write off the new manager and to show no respect for the 'give him time' mantra that was their war cry for their fallen hero.

Including a couple at least who I recall beingdisparaging and insulting towards Mancini before he had even managed a game here (another nice irony given the oft repeated "you won't give him a chance because he is a rag" accusations of old).

So I suppose my question to them is, if you were so prepared to give Hughes time (a stance that is fine, even if I don't agree with it) then how come you are so vociferous with the attacks and running down of Mancini - especially given the disparity in the time that he was here and the time that Hughes was being credited with 'needing more time.'

Was your rabid support for anything Hughes really down to a belief in a manager needed millions and millions and a couple of seasons before he can be judged (in which case why the change now) or was it just a blind belief that Hughes was a quality manager and that Mancini is not (in which case I'd love to see an attempt by you to construct that argument with anything approaching rational evidence)

Thought i would give this post a quick bump. Best post in the thread, and one no-one seems to have answered.

it is indeed an excellent thread...and well worth the bump

I'm not convinced by Mancini...he's tactically clueless, is out of his depth in the EPL, has lost more games in 6 weeks than Hughes lost in 4 months, has lost those games against poor opposition, has taken the fast, aggressive counter attack out of the team, hasn't improved the defence, spoilt all the hard work that Hughes put in to getting to the final 4 of the cup & if it wasn't for the bad results that the other teams around us have had then we'd be 7th. Hughes only lost 2 games to strong sides at the top of the EPL & has got a far better record over the same period of time this season than Mancini's had & Hughes team was new & hadn't 'gelled'. Mancini is using this same team & is getting a poorer showing, his Italian style football doesn't work in this country because its too slow for the EPL & its boring to watch! We should've kept Hughes 'til the end of the season because the team was making more progress under him & then if the end position in the league wasn't there change him for Jose or Hiddink, who are far greater managers than Mancini!! When Mancini plays top full strength sides & wins then I'll be convinced, until then I consider Mancini a backwards move & I think he only got the job because he's Khaldoon's mate, whereas Hughes clearly wasn't...if Mancini was so good at his job then how come he was out of football for 18mths & Hughes has already been offered 3 jobs & turned them down? Mancini out for me & Jose in!!

de niro said:
i think this is a pop at me for some reason.

first, dont pick on me, not wise,
the "nobheads" have their opinion just like the people who did'nt rate hughes.
i dont know if you have been watching the games but the moans and groans at last night match was all to see, that was just with the line up.
we did have a good spell and had we had swp on earlier, stevie from the start we would have won that game. viera did nothing last night except give the ball away at every oppotunity. in his day he was a class act but against stoke, at stoke it was the wrong desision to play him.then whilst looking to get 3 points from somewhere bob brings zab on,why? he then kicked the ball out for a delap throw and led to their "winner".
the way i see it we only play half a game, every game we are dire for 45 minutes, if we do that in the run in, with the teams yet to play we will end up 10th.
no doubt you will come back playing the big city fan but take a look around, no one fears manchester city, home or away, that with our players is criminal.
p.s.
dont start coming on here say people who dont agree "are not city fans" i can assure you they are. when you've been here a while you get the to see that.

i too posted that we should be careful for what and this what we have now, we have sacked a manager, mid season, its a disgraceful way i might add and it has got us precisley nowhere.this why bob should be given the job and the money to buy the players that understand his bizarre tactics, in fact what we should have done in january.

lastly, if our owners do pull the plug city will still be city, any league, any level, city are city, we will still be here.well i will.

How can anyone possibly know that? You are laughable.

Sacking Hughes is a good decision in terms of points gained so far. And we are comparing Hughes who have 18 months and 200 million to spend on players he wanted to play in whatever way he deem fit to Mancini who have 2 months to work with the squad he inherited(plus injuries) and managed to bring in only 2 players.

bellamyblue said:
I'm not convinced by Mancini...he's tactically clueless, is out of his depth in the EPL, has lost more games in 6 weeks than Hughes lost in 4 months, has lost those games against poor opposition, has taken the fast, aggressive counter attack out of the team, hasn't improved the defence, spoilt all the hard work that Hughes put in to getting to the final 4 of the cup & if it wasn't for the bad results that the other teams around us have had then we'd be 7th. Hughes only lost 2 games to strong sides at the top of the EPL & has got a far better record over the same period of time this season than Mancini's had & Hughes team was new & hadn't 'gelled'. Mancini is using this same team & is getting a poorer showing, his Italian style football doesn't work in this country because its too slow for the EPL & its boring to watch!

OK, a few things there. On what planet has Mancini not improved our defence? Secondly, a bit harsh to say he ruined Hughes hard work, we just failed to beat a team over two legs that Hughes has a 0 wins, 3 loss record against. Thirdly, how on earth has Hughes got a far better record over the same period of time this season than Mancini?

We have 8 wins and 2 draws from 13 games under Mancini, how do you work out that "his Italian style football" doesn't work?

We should've kept Hughes 'til the end of the season because the team was making more progress under him & then if the end position in the league wasn't there change him for Jose or Hiddink, who are far greater managers than Mancini!! When Mancini plays top full strength sides & wins then I'll be convinced, until then I consider Mancini a backwards move & I think he only got the job because he's Khaldoon's mate, whereas Hughes clearly wasn't...if Mancini was so good at his job then how come he was out of football for 18mths & Hughes has already been offered 3 jobs & turned them down? Mancini out for me & Jose in!!

Few more things, we weren't making progress in the latter months of Hughes reign. He may have turned things around, but we were closer to relegation form than top 4 form in the last dozen matches or so. Secondly, you say that Mancini has to play top full strength sides before you're convinced. Are you prepared to make allowances for the fact that Mancini has yet to be able to play a full strength side himself. Kompany, Lescott, Onuoha, SWP, Toure, Bridge, Richards, Adeabyor, Tevez, Bellamy are all legitimate first team players that have been unavailable for multiple games during Mancini's reign.

Finally Mancini was out of football for a period as he hadn't settled his payoff from Inter. Which three jobs was Hughes offered just out of interest?

impossible to have any judgement on mancini until the end of the season....he hasnt even played any decent teams yet (and MH did ok against those)...so lets see ho mancini does against the likes of liverpool chelski arsenal villa and spurs and see where we are at tteh end fo the season

my prediction is that we will fail to get top 4 as at present mancini has got his tactics wrong and formations.......but im willing to be proved wrong and he has the perfect chance to do that against liverpool.....HE MUST SET HIS TEAM OUT TO WIN THIS GAME (ie not 3 holding midfielders!).....anythign less is a chance gone in my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.