A rational reason for creating life/having a child

BlueTangerine

Give it to me... (this isn't new.. a few philosophers have said the same..)

All you do is open up a bag of nerves pervious to pain and suffering..Where are we going that this act is "worth it"? Worth cancer at 10? or some other horrible disease? before they experience the 'pleasures' of adulthood?

I'd love to have a different opinion on this.. truly.. so convince me.. what will be accomplished other than that your bullshit desire to have an heirloom? something to cuddle? something to say "I made that" We just go on and on no matter what? no matter the risk? Oh it's so important we carry on.

Organ donations for when your own fail later in life.

Carve 'em open!

A lot of your posts recently are pretty bleak, you ok pal!? Seems like you're questioning humanity and the point of it all quite a lot.
I completely agree with you by the way!

A lot of your posts recently are pretty bleak, you ok pal!? Seems like you're questioning humanity and the point of it all quite a lot.
I completely agree with you by the way!

Understanding reality will do that to you mate. I won't pretend to be motionless with panic.. but I do experience great anxiety. There is NOWHERE TO GO, and we create new beings for no rational reason. We really need to own our DNA, instead of letting it own us.

Why are you trying to rationalise nature - it's nature, you don't get to pick what right or wrong. If having kids makes you nervous, tough, go see a docor!

How do you think an adult gazelle feels about their off-spring, I assume lions and leopards aren't chasing your kids on the way to school?

Because an expanding birth rate creates growth, growth is what our society craves. Without growth we have stagnation and with stagnation comes the tide of the developed world's ills

Why are you trying to rationalise nature - it's nature, you don't get to pick what right or wrong. If having kids makes you nervous, tough, go see a docor!

How do you think an adult gazelle feels about their off-spring, I assume lions and leopards aren't chasing your kids on the way to school?

Already said I have kids.. and the game is fundamentally broken.. that is obviously ok with you? there is a purpose in replication? I do not see it now.

The animal world is as dumb as dumb can be. The DNA molecule truly does own them.. you have to fuck boys... you have to spread your seed.. even if for instance the mortality of an octopus (to reach maturation is 1 in 150,000 or whatever..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.