A song to counter "where were you, when you were sh*t."

bluemoon risin' said:
Really winds me up when I hear the chant "where were you, when you were shit" sung almost every home game.

Here's a reply to that...

"Que sera sera, whatever be will will be, You'll drive past Wemberley, but that's all you'll see! "

Just reply 'we are here and you are shit'

Not sure why you let it bother you, we've been getting it for years and I find amusing in a pathetic way.

Portsmouth sang it to us at fratton park a few years back, I just burst out laughing at them. I'd been there plenty of times when we were shit and we used to take the place over....it's all the shite teams have to sling at you along with "we support our local team" if it makes them happy good luck to them.

A few lads did make a big flag which does the rounds at away games, with "where were you when you were shit ?" a picture of a group of 1970's Chelsea skinheads and underneath it says, "In your town, in your ground, in your end"

As I said though it's a pretty desperate chant and most would love to be on the receiving end as it would mean they were a top side.

Just makes me laugh when opposing fans sing this song.

Except for when it's the black & white Geordie shite that is. Then it really f**king winds me up. Those self-styled "best fans in the world" couldn't even fill one f**king end of their ground when they were shit. Wankers.

zola said:
Not sure why you let it bother you, we've been getting it for years and I find amusing in a pathetic way.

Portsmouth sang it to us at fratton park a few years back, I just burst out laughing at them. I'd been there plenty of times when we were shit and we used to take the place over....it's all the shite teams have to sling at you along with "we support our local team" if it makes them happy good luck to them.

A few lads did make a big flag which does the rounds at away games, with "where were you when you were shit ?" a picture of a group of 1970's Chelsea skinheads and underneath it says, "In your town, in your ground, in your end"

As I said though it's a pretty desperate chant and most would love to be on the receiving end as it would mean they were a top side.

Good idea we could have a flag with all our past managers on a flag, Machin, Frizzell, Clarke, Neal, Ball etc with the words we've seen plenty.

When they sing it just think that City had been famous for 2 things over the 3 decades before the takeover:-

(1) Our shitness and constant under achievement as a club/team given the resources of money spent and crowds;

(2) the fact that despite (1) our fans never deserted the team and maintained continuous loyalty and humour.

One of the main reasons our new owners bought City is due to (2), i.e. exactly because WE WERE THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT; they researched us and this appealed to them big time.

And also think this, had the wankers that sing it been there when they were shit, they may have got the owners that we did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.