A Summer of Spending ?

Two possibly three players at the most.

Ade playing in the blue shirt again next year is my left field prediction.

We're supposed to have some good young ones on the books who will hopefully be big enough and fit enough to take a step up soon - as Savic should have been! Savic proves the point that money isn't always well spent. On that point, the jury remains out for me on Kolarov, Dzeko and Balotelli - for one reason or another they are just as prone to let us down as they are to bag a goal when we need it.
We are virtually at the top and I hope only the very best will be bought in from now on. There's a great attachment and extra value to us as fans when a youth player is brought through - even if it isn't a truly home grown one, and I would really like to see 1 or 2 bedded into the 1st team squad for next season. Suarez and Rekik are supposedly at the head of the queue, but Razak, Boyatta and Weiss will be due back. Can any of these turn into world class players? That's what we need.
If they come into the squad who, apart from Tevez, is going out? Kolo? Hargreaves? Kolarov? Johnson? De Jong? Barry? Milner? Dzeko? Balo? They can't all stay. I'm not banging the drum for any in particular; it's just that they are the either bit-part players, inconsistent, or 30 plus, and therefore vulnerable to the axe. Where would yours fall?
Interesting times ahead, for sure.

Given that we are a relatively young squad, there are players who need time to settle still ie Nasri. I do beleive that he will be better next season.
However, I think that the question of summer acquisitions will depend on how we finish this season. If we finish well as champions then there will be the attitude that goes with that into next season and we will just need a couple of additions to the squad. Conversely, if we bottle it this year, Mancini may have ideas about more in/out needed.

Move out permanently, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bridge and Michael Johnson. Tap up and then buy the chimp from Tottenham

Bring Weiss back and let him have his opportunity

Bring Boyata back and play him when needs must

From a business point of view it doesn't make sense to go out and spend money on 2 out and out wingers just to accomodate an inconsistant striker. For me, we'd be better off shipping out Dzeko to mainland Europe somewhere, recover a decent fee and then buy a top drawer striker who can fit into the system that we're playing.

We need at least one world class centre half to accompany Vinny which in turn pushes Lescott to be the 3rd choice challenging them both. It's no disrespect to Lescott but if either of them are injured we look very poor at the back with the current reserve pairing.

I agree we need to sign another world class centre midfielder. Barry is pushing 32 and with Hargreaves and Pizarro only on temporary/part time deals, Milner all of a sudden seems to have fallen out of favour and I think we need cover for Yaya. It's gonna be tough to do it but there must be players out there who are similar to him.

In terms of selling then the obvious are Adebayor, Bridge, Hargreaves, Pizarro and possibly Johnson (depending on whether or not he improves dramtically). I'd send Savic and the some of the other kids out on loan to give them experience whilst the first team opportunities are limited here for them. Tevez will probably leave too but this depends on how the relationship is with the management and players etc. If the right price came in for him then I'm pretty sure he'll go. Just let him save our season first!

i think any blue whos dreaming of us spending big big money are gonna be seriously dissapointed, the owners will want to offload before they sanction any deals for new players i really do think bobby will basically only get to spend whats been re-couped.

to think they are gonna keep spending huge every summer is just plain daft.

Loads of players we can sell, don't think we need to bring in more than 3 or so players, however those signings need to be spot on to solve the problems in our squad right now. There is also a lot of emphasis on signing kids these days, we're bringing in lots of top quality 14/15/16 year olds at the moment.

There is probally a 10% chance of Dzeko being shipped out at the end of this season. Far too early in his contract and it will look bad on Mancini if he takes 27m of the owners money and wants him out after a year...

I think Hazard, a CB and ?

Tevez will go definitaley.

What people have said about a young squad is true.

Got a few players who could do the business given more time. Guidetti anyone?

It's not so simple as just spending more money, we have the players who can do it. Just look at that crock of shit at Old Trafford and the fact they're top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.