A Summer of Spending ?

LoveCity said:
FFP isn't going away no matter how much we will it, unless someone has the guts to take UEFA to court.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football.co.uk/manchester_city/fair_finance_vital_for_football_-_uefa_s_platini_rss2146563.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football.co.uk/manchester_ci ... 6563.shtml</a>

Quatar investment company that own PSG employ Larent Platini (Michel's son) as a lawyer.

I think we'd be looking to "get rid" of Bridge, Tevez and Adebayor.

Then there's a few players which if we received reasonable offers for then i'd let go, these would be; Kolo Toure, De Jong and Johnson.

Then I think everyone's in agreement with what's needed with regards to incomings: A Centre-Back, A Centre-Midfielder and 1, possibly 2, out and out Winger(s).

The question is; will it be a case of securing our targets as soon as possible? Or a case of we have to offload the "top 3" names I listed above before we can go about securing new players. Will be an interesting summer either way.

we dont need a striker, we should look at intergrating Guidetti into the team/squad

Certainly one top notch winger is a must. And a CB of proven class another. Mancini would love to get De Rossi that's obvious. But probably not likely as he's resigned at the Stadio Olimpico.
We always say we're well covered at FB. But we don't have a genuine world class player. Just four good ones. Micah is probably the pick of the bunch.
Must say though I'll be surprised if we see more than three new faces in summer.

dadnlad said:
Scully said:
It's not so simple as just spending more money, we have the players who can do it. Just look at that crock of shit at Old Trafford and the fact they're top.

the only thing i would say is they have pace !!!!!!!!!!!!

This. Big style.
For me, this is the key weakness in our team, especially relative to them. Wide men with both skill and pace would be a big step forward.

It's not likely that City will be signing anyone unless they can shed some of the existing staff , especially the bigger names such as Tevez , but nobody wants to pay big money for them ...... we'd almost certainly have to take a loss on ANYBODY we sold , who'd originally cost us a fee , other than maybe Kompany or Joe Hart.

So it's difficult to see City doing much recruiting in the summer , other than maybe one , or possibly two signings , at the most ......... and especially in light of Platinis restrictions.

1 / Jan Verthongen CB Ajax , Vinny's partner in the Belgian national team ,

2 / Eden Hazard

3 / Edinson Cavani
those three , and we'll piss the league next year ........ guaranteed!!!!!!

panzer1311 said:
1 / Jan Verthongen CB Ajax , Vinny's partner in the Belgian national team ,

2 / Eden Hazard

3 / Edinson Cavani
those three , and we'll piss the league next year ........ guaranteed!!!!!!

Wonder how much Vinnie has been tapping up hazard and verthongen

Javi Martinez - Can play CB or CM which is perfect for us
Eden Hazard - world class winger
Seb Larsson - Cheap and a decent winger

That would be a good solid, cheap-ish summer of spending

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.