A sure bet (Idiot of 2010 inside)

MCFCinUSA said:
bizzbo said:
c'mon.... the guy was the perfect sucker. i lie awake at night dreaming of meeting someone like him at the card table. not that I play for cash, but, anyway, it's a nice dream!

anyhoo, I'd be skeptical of ever betting on the ACON. There are some unfortunate stereotypes regarding the 'mentality' of african teams, which I don't really buy into... but they belie the mix of supreme talents and complete amateurs on the pitch... and there are a few amateurs in the dug outs too! It doesn't seem to work like European football, where you have a general baseline of tactical organisation and individual ability.

I think I'd take those odds until the cows came home Bizzbo - provided I could take the hit if I lost, which let's face it, how many times does a 'professional' team getting hammered come back and score four goals in 11 minutes + injury time without reply from the other team? (you'd think less than 1 in 100 wouldn't you?)

an Arsenal friend of mine (who used to be on their books) called me today cracking that Mancini's contract on our forward and their former player hadn't worked...

well, yeah, but my point is, the ACON doesn't seem quite like other 'professional' football. scintillating attacking, lunatic defending and crazy scorelines are never too far away.

as for your arsenal friend.... this was an amateurish attempt, and if i've learned one thing about Mancini, it's that he is the kind of man who gets the job done.

capisce? ;)

bizzbo said:
MCFCinUSA said:
I think I'd take those odds until the cows came home Bizzbo - provided I could take the hit if I lost, which let's face it, how many times does a 'professional' team getting hammered come back and score four goals in 11 minutes + injury time without reply from the other team? (you'd think less than 1 in 100 wouldn't you?)

an Arsenal friend of mine (who used to be on their books) called me today cracking that Mancini's contract on our forward and their former player hadn't worked...

well, yeah, but my point is, the ACON doesn't seem quite like other 'professional' football. scintillating attacking, lunatic defending and crazy scorelines are never too far away.

as for your arsenal friend.... this was an amateurish attempt, and if i've learned one thing about Mancini, it's that he is the kind of man who gets the job done.

capisce? ;)

ehehe, yeah - I'm more and more impressed with 'Manciti' and am seeing things in him that I'd equate with a manager of the highest calibre; including how he relates to the players and how he's not afraid to talk things up.. something I don't think was in our previous manager's style, obviously.

;o)

as for the footie gambling, perhaps your impressive 'grass roots' knowledge and my nose for a bet (and respect for risk) might combine to produce a monster cash-sucking machine, ehehe

scottyboi said:
MCFCinUSA said:
Scottyboi I assume your nickname has dodo in it?

ehehe

(your link didn't show me any results, just the general quiz URL; I had to go in to the stats to see someone had scored 'The Wolf')

I was a dove my friend, fifty percent on each topic.

everyone starts from somewhere Scottyboi, and in most fields of endeavour that is usually the beginning - even for those who eventually become world champions through their own unique gifts and sheer hard work.

ironically, at least as far as gambling goes, self-awareness is often a key asset, and my guess is you have that in spades where others may still be deluding themselves, and always will. Ego is your enemy, as with so many things where you seek mastery and must first recognise what you don't understand.

des hardi said:
jeez i remember this guy.... i hate betting,few friends are blind with it.i really don t see the point... a friendly flutter by all means.... but the ones that put it all on the line :(
FFS!!

The "buzz" you get depends on your outlook to the bet, the bet in the OP would be what i considered an attempt to "buy money" which is never a good idea in the long term, but if you see an event where you feel that the bookies have under priced something then have a nibble but always play with money you are prepared and can afford to lose, and if or when you win, go and buy a new TV, IPOD, Car or whatever, dont decide that you are now invincible and will never need to work again.

A few years ago when i was working in a factory, we got off for a fortnight on a thursday morning at 8am, i went home had a brief sleep and went into town, placed a bet in the bookiesand went to the club.
Played cards all afternoon while having a few beers, made a few quid (about £150) went to the bookies and had won another £400. I went out that night and had a great evening and spent about £80 - £90. went into the bookies on the friday and won another £250 - £300 so went into town on the friday and booked 10 days in Tenerifee.
If i had stayed at home i would have given the money back to the bookies, but decided to use their money to take me away for a while.

BlueMoonie said:
aparently it was fake in the end anyway

True, just found it: -

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/</a>

Party pooper you are BlueMoonie! :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.