'A Taste Of Honey' - film locations around The Etihad

Taste Of Honey, Billy Liar, Hobsons Choice. I'm getting flashbacks to my English O level.

Great thread, thanks for all this.

For anyone interested, if you go to Bowlers Car Boot sale on Sundays (Mods: hope I'm alright putting this, I'm not involved nor trying to advertise but if it's wrong please feel free to delete or modify) there is a large stall there every week with a massive range of old films on DVD (burnt to recordable DVD's). I've picked up Love on The Dole (mainly in old Salford) and Hobson's Choice. Reasonable rates too. I was thinking of trying to pick up other Manchester / Salford based films as I like watching them and its a great way to show my daughter how much Manchester has changed. Can't believe I didn't think of a Taste of Honey and I didn't realise Billy Liar was Manchester shot so that's tomorrow morning's mission sorted.

Great thread, thanks for all this.

For anyone interested, if you go to Bowlers Car Boot sale on Sundays (Mods: hope I'm alright putting this, I'm not involved nor trying to advertise but if it's wrong please feel free to delete or modify) there is a large stall there every week with a massive range of old films on DVD (burnt to recordable DVD's). I've picked up Love on The Dole (mainly in old Salford) and Hobson's Choice. Reasonable rates too. I was thinking of trying to pick up other Manchester / Salford based films as I like watching them and its a great way to show my daughter how much Manchester has changed. Can't believe I didn't think of a Taste of Honey and I didn't realise Billy Liar was Manchester shot so that's tomorrow morning's mission sorted.
I'm pretty sure that Billy Liar was filmed in Nottingham.

"Yanks", 1979 war film with Richard Gere, filmed in Stalybridge. Hyde & Saddleworth.

23l0ft4.jpg

Last edited:
I remember Yanks being filmed as if it were yesterday. A mate and me were in a pub in Hyde, and got chatting to an American in full GI kit (a sergeant). Probably one of the main blokes in the film, but I've a crap memory for faces so I've no idea who he was, except he was a really nice guy who liked English beer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.