'A Taste Of Honey' - film locations around The Etihad

haha see the young lads on the left in the road....i'm the one at the back ;)

lad in middle was my mate anthony downey

btw, it was filmed 1979, i was 10

you can see the old stalyvegas town hall in the background....its gone now and just the pillars stand

Yes, sorry Shady, meant to say 1979, must have had a senior moment....lol!

Yes, Stalyvegas town hall, I seem to think it was demolished because it was riddled with rot.

Town hall, Hardcastles toy shop, Bernie Wallis's shoe shop, Eric Sellers motorbike shop, The Palace cinema, Sids,.....happy days.....Even Nimmers will remember them.

haha see the young lads on the left in the road....i'm the one at the back ;)

lad in middle was my mate anthony downey

btw, it was filmed 1979, i was 10

you can see the old stalyvegas town hall in the background....its gone now and just the pillars stand

My brother and I were both in Yanks too but to be fair, so was everyone else in our village!

One other 60's film not mentioned, Charlie Bubbles.
Another Albert Finney film, starts in London but he heads north (via Newport Pagnall services) to Salford, a very demolished Salford on some of the shots.
Takes his son to The Swamp too. (his son isn't interested!)
His estranged wife (Billy Whitelaw) lives in Hayfield or Buxton.... a still from the film featuring Whitelaw was used by The Smiths on the cover of the ''William it was really nothing'' single.

f
Nice one - didn't know about this Finney film, cheers
Think he directed it..... either way he is shagging Lisa Minnelli in it.....
and to bring it back round to A Taste of Honey, Shelagh Delaney co-wrote the script!
6U7hdlA4jf9hgawCfcBwrjKAiGQ.jpg

Will look for this. Please tell me that we get Liza Minnelli wandering round Ordsall and Broughton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.