A34 flooded

The A555 near Bramhall is still shut to all traffic.
Apparently the pumps supposed to clear it of water don’t work!

All construction companies nowadays are run by idiots.I know from first hand being a former carillion contractor in the telecoms sector bid for a contract with no experience and just undercut Fujitsu to get the contract with no plan in place

in construction, 99% of the time, it's the bottom line. Quality of bid, experience, execution plan, all secondary. Even with public bodies who have to demonstrate "best bid", cost is always the highest weighted element

in construction, 99% of the time, it's the bottom line. Quality of bid, experience, execution plan, all secondary. Even with public bodies who have to demonstrate "best bid", cost is always the highest weighted element
Exactly. Cost at the expense of quality.No wonder nothing gets done to a decent standard in this country.Have you seen Balfour Beatty and Ringwsy repair potholes it's shameful

Exactly. Cost at the expense of quality.No wonder nothing gets done to a decent standard in this country.Have you seen Balfour Beatty and Ringwsy repair potholes it's shameful
Balfour Beatty are probably at the forefront of those responsible for the state of the industry

My dad was telling me a while back about when he used to drive down the A34 en route to London. Before the motorways. Through towns like Cannock and Walsall. Took about a long working day to get to London from Manchester. Another fucking world - assuming no pile up on the M6!

My dad was telling me a while back about when he used to drive down the A34 en route to London. Before the motorways. Through towns like Cannock and Walsall. Took about a long working day to get to London from Manchester. Another fucking world - assuming no pile up on the M6!

Gronant, North Wales, 5+ hrs from Manchester, in the 1950s, in this....

824234e21b725bc31a0452a6a2a34f47.jpg

absolutely no thought at all went into building that airport relief road. expect lots more flooding aswel with building it onto fields. dont really think its made a difference either. if anything its going to be worse as more homes/traffic will be put near it.

This is the same road that took an extra year to finish because the drainage system was bonk and they tried to rectify the situation.
Our transport system is pathetic, road, rail or flight yet we still pay ridiculous taxes for the privilege.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.