Abu Dhabi stops projects and cancels some others.

Wreckless Alec said:
S04 said:
Wreckless Alec said:
And dont forget that it's all relative. If our owners are taking "austerity" measures imagine what is happening to owners who are less wealthy and are simply using tehir clubs as a cash-cow. It isn't us who need to be afraid.

Just because we try to stay within FFPR limits we are talking austerity measures?

I was joking !

I know, it´s just one of these "let´s all flap for no reason at all" threads we are so keen on at BM.

In the case Sheikh Mohammed steps up and our sheikh steps up too, not so sure about our sheikh I heard another name, we will simply fly over the moon as support will come from higher above.
I still see it will hamper this winter transfer window, Macio said sale before buy policy whether it's FFPR or not. But I still not see situation in Abu Dhabi will hamper our title raid this season.

That was the serious part of my post. Any rival (or fellow blue, for that matter)who regards this as the beginning of the end is sadly deluded. I'd hate to think what would happen if our owners were as strapped for cash as, taking a random example, the Glazers ! I'd love to know what's really going on in tehir business "empire".

S04 said:
Wreckless Alec said:
S04 said:
Just because we try to stay within FFPR limits we are talking austerity measures?

I was joking !

I know, it´s just one of these "let´s all flap for no reason at all" threads we are so keen on at BM.

I'm not keen on them as they make us look like a right bunch arse twitching mard bastards.

S04 said:
Wreckless Alec said:
S04 said:

I was joking !

Funnily enough I posted it originally as I saw that news as positive in terms of City.

The amount of bang AD get from their buck when invested in City truly massive. Building and stocking a Guggenheim or Louvre makes a new stadium and player acquisitions at City seem like a cheap alternative.

Lets also not forget that City and Etihad are perhaps the two most visible AD businesses where investment is continuing unhindered and both are now synonymous with the future if AD.

fbloke said:
S04 said:
Wreckless Alec said:
I was joking !

Funnily enough I posted it originally as I saw that news as positive in terms of City.

The amount of bang AD get from their buck when invested in City truly massive. Building and stocking a Guggenheim or Louvre makes a new stadium and player acquisitions at City seem like a cheap alternative.

Lets also not forget that City and Etihad are perhaps the two most visible AD businesses where investment is continuing unhindered and both are now synonymous with the future if AD.

Yes, but we have to imagine how it will look to a 15 y.o drama queen..;)

maybe they should stop building random stuff and instead, if they want a good tourism industry, make going there a tiny bit affordable for ordinary folk instead of posting up lovely adverts to go there at every game then want an arm and a leg to visit.

it scuppered my hopes for a xmas holiday for sure.

Makes no difference to us. The current situation economically would have already been factored in as this recession has been forecast by analysts prior to the Sheikh taking control.

We are a PR tool for all things Abu Dhabi and they'll want to ensure that their brands and services are at the top of the shop when the markets re-emerged.

It could even be considered that our purchase was all part of a master plan to make sure Abu Dhabi made up a better share of the market place considering they have a very strong financial base, being able to ride the crash.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
maybe they should stop building random stuff and instead, if they want a good tourism industry, make going there a tiny bit affordable for ordinary folk instead of posting up lovely adverts to go there at every game then want an arm and a leg to visit.

it scuppered my hopes for a xmas holiday for sure.

Ah, they cater mostly for people from arab-countries and asia, the whole of Abu Dhabi is rather upmarket really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.