Academy Players in the First Team

At the time lavia leaving for Southampton for £14 million +20% sell on was seen as good business
I'm sure there would of been posters saying give the lad a chance and the reply too young no experience. Why when we can buy a full england International for £40 million and hindsight is a wonderful thing . We need to give these young players a chance over the season if not then just flog them £14million +20% sell on good business????

At the time lavia leaving for Southampton for £14 million +20% sell on was seen as good business
I'm sure there would of been posters saying give the lad a chance and the reply too young no experience. Why when we can buy a full england International for £40 million and hindsight is a wonderful thing . We need to give these young players a chance over the season if not then just flog them £14million +20% sell on good business????
Well that is literally what we are doing…

Because we have lots of fans, particularly on the transfer forum who only want ready made replacements. They have no patience at all for young players. I’d rather give Mcatee or Palmer a chance then spend money on quick fix replacements.

Even when they are given a chance, if they’re not man of match or one of the best they’ll get called rubbish/not ready by those same fans

Happy with whatever Pep decides. That said, Palmer and Bobb as the 3rd & 4th option on the wings is a bit...uninspiring...for a side coming off a treble, though. Both can be true.

I think Gvardiol + another winger/attacking mid (Foden/Bernardo's versatility allows either) and the squad is set.

A talent from the academy has got to be exceptional to get a good run in the first team and we aren't going to see many of them. I'd get more bothered if the lads from the academy were born and bred northerners but they are not, in many instances we have bought them in.

Let the academy just do its job and bring in the money for them.

If Lavia got Phillips minutes last season, he may well have done as well, however he probably wouldn't have progressed.

I don't know the answers but the premier league now has a lot of the best players in the world playing in it and small margins in most matches can be the difference between a title and none

A talent from the academy has got to be exceptional to get a good run in the first team and we aren't going to see many of them. I'd get more bothered if the lads from the academy were born and bred northerners but they are not, in many instances we have bought them in.

Let the academy just do its job and bring in the money for them.
I have no problem bringing in the money - the academy is doing a great job - but the particular players mentioned ARE exceptional, at least at the EDS level. Without giving them minutes, how do we know if they are, or are not, way beyond players like Doku or Olise?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.