Acceptable Scousers?

I generally like scousers, although I fully accept they are an acquired taste. Think it’s a great city too. Must have been incredible place in its heyday, notwithstanding the somewhat questionable provenance of much of its wealth. Cities where money is being prodigiously made must be fantastic places to live. So alive and full of optimism.

‘Scrotes’ abound in Liverpool, but show me a large city outside London (which is rather, a series of medium to medium-large-sized cities; some where ‘scrotes’ abound) where they don’t. Anyway, scouse ‘scrotes’ don’t seem to bother me anywhere near as much as most other people. If I hear a bread scouse accent when I’m abroad, it usually makes me smile. Bit strange, I know.

Last edited:
I generally like scousers, although I fully accept they are an acquired taste. Think it’s a great city too. Must have been incredible place in its heyday, notwithstanding the somewhat questionable provenance of much of its wealth. Cities where money is being prodigiously made must be fantastic places to live. So alive and full of optimism.

‘Scrotes’ abound in Liverpool, but show me a large city outside London (which is rather, a series of medium to medium-large-sized cities; some where ‘scrotes’ abound) where they don’t. Anyway, scouse ‘scrotes’ don’t seem to bother me anywhere near as much as most other people. If I hear a bread scouse accent when I’m abroad, it usually makes me smile. Bit strange, I know.
San Fran, Warsaw, Berlin, Cork, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Basle. :)

I haven’t and I reckon I’d like to do a week in Poland. Either summer or winter.
I'd do winter mate. Central Europe is brilliant in the winter and beautiful. Although the best week I ever had was in Poznan during Euro 2012 (although it did get soured in the end when we were searching for that poor young lad and found out he'd drowned).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.