Adam Johnson discuss.....

For 16 mill you have to be thinking about selling, I dont want us to break up the squad which a lot of users are saying on the transfer forum ( selling milner, de jong etc) but hes 25 now and isn't going to improve that much he cant play on the left as for hes to slow and on the right hes easy to figure out. Before I saw that figure of 16 million I wanted him to stay for another season but then what? his value will probably decrease after having hardly played, if we get a good offer this summer sell and let weiss have squad role and bring in a top class winger like bale.

Alright lads ?!

QPR fan here, I reckon you should let us have Adam Johnson for a season seeing as you owe us a favour, we can give you Shaun Wright-Phillips if you want & you can have him for more than a season!

Other thing I wanted to ask while I am here, are you lot bringing out a DVD of the whole 90 ( +! ) minutes vs QPR, if you are bringing that out, which obviously makes sense to do, then a lot of QPR fans will be snapping that one up as well as City fans!

Our club shop / "superstore" literally havent got a clue when it comes to stuff like this, so we will end up buying it from the City superstore no doubt.

All the best

Adam Johnson is an okay footballer. He'll never be good enough to be an automatic starter for a top club but is a good squad player to have at a top club. He'd be the ideal replacement for Duff at Fulham and I could see him having a good career there. All depends on what Adam wants. If he wants to be with City then great, I'm more than happy to have him in our squad. If one day he wants to be Duff's replacement then I wouldn't want him to miss the opportunity to be an automatic starter for the rest of his career.

At present not consistent enough to demand a full time place.
Has all the talent to deserve one but does not have the concentration or application to merit it. I hope he decides to focus on his game as the one thing we are missing is width. At present too much reliance is placed on our fullbacks to provide the width. His skill is not in doubt and his impact has been special when coming on as sub. Not so when he has started exception being the cup game at wolves.

Watched MCFC's video of all the goals this season........I was quite surprised (shocked really) at how many goals he created and was directly involved in. Maybe he's better than we give him credit for.

RyantheBlue said:
Good winger, not a great winger.

Can easily still be a great winger.

Agree with this - and, as a result, one of those 'dangerous' sales who could come back and sicken us in opposition colours.

Frustrates the life out of me - has the ability to be great, has the tendancy to be a waster.

Brendan110_0 said:
Watched MCFC's video of all the goals this season........I was quite surprised (shocked really) at how many goals he created and was directly involved in. Maybe he's better than we give him credit for.

I guess the thing you have to remember is how often he only comes on against tired opposition and this obviously can make his highlights real look good... but just think how good Silva would be if he only played the last 20 minutes of each game...

Chevelle said:
Brendan110_0 said:

I guess the thing you have to remember is how often he only comes on against tired opposition and this obviously can make his highlights real look good... but just think how good Silva would be if he only played the last 20 minutes of each game...
Got me thinking about Silva´s cameo against the Magpies.

greasedupdeafguy said:
For 16 mill you have to be thinking about selling, I dont want us to break up the squad which a lot of users are saying on the transfer forum ( selling milner, de jong etc) but hes 25 now and isn't going to improve that much he cant play on the left as for hes to slow and on the right hes easy to figure out. Before I saw that figure of 16 million I wanted him to stay for another season but then what? his value will probably decrease after having hardly played, if we get a good offer this summer sell and let weiss have squad role and bring in a top class winger like bale.

We are spoiled like that. :)

Notice every transfer window we have mugs screaming for about half the squad to be changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.