Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

Please can you show me a murder or rape case where someone got community service?

I would class a person who was pissed or drugged up and who then drives a vehicle and kills someone as a murderer

Johnson has kissed and fingered a very mature 15 year old starstruck girl
He's lost his career which will have cost him millions and this saga has also decimated his family life
I think that a custodial sentence serves no real purpose as the above is punishment enough

One of the most ridiculous posts I have read on this thread !!
Go and see Cardinal Pells mate and bend over and ask for forgiveness. Rife within the church and yet some think they end up in jail. Then there are others that don't even go to court, Saville, Cyril Smith, Ted Heath, the Leon Britton cover ups, systematic church cover ups sponsored up to 3rd in line to the pope, do me a favour take your ignorance elsewhere.

Last edited:
There's only a distant possibility that he'll be able to integrate back into the community after his jail term. What ever period of time he spends in prison will be massively overshadowed by the abuse he'll receive for the rest of his life - I'm still struggling to comprehend quite how stupid he's been, literally ruined his life. He'll miss a huge part of his daughters childhood to boot.

Thank god we sold him when we did.
Not that I want this to happen but a would suggest there is a reasonable chance this lad's life will not go the full term...

Or sleep with literally any other over aged girl (and there would have been many willing).

Or you know, just stay faithful to the woman he's in a committed relationship with, the mother of his child.

This to me is the top and bottom of this case and what makes it all the more sickening.

As a professional footballer and a very rich man as a consequence, he had the pick of pretty much what he wanted. That he knowingly chosen a 15 year old is shocking. It's creepy in the extreme. I'm not sure want to know where his mental state is.

That he already has a relationship only adds to it.

I would class a person who was pissed or drugged up and who then drives a vehicle and kills someone as a murderer

He's lost his career which will have cost him millions and this saga has also decimated his family life
I think that a custodial sentence serves no real purpose as the above is punishment enough

Me too, justice has many faces, so few of them I recognise

But the above is not punishment, they are just consequences.

Last edited:
Not sympathetic, but why would he face Jail? You can rape, murder and play with kids for half your life and get fooking community service normally.

Yeah and if you put up a Union Flag in your own home and call Christmas Christmas instead of Winter Festival the police will come round to your house, kick you out and send you to prison for 15 years while a bunch of immigrants get moved in to your house and are given squatters' rights and paid £200,000 a year in benefits while they are allowed to run terrorist child grooming rings.

I agree that drunk/drug driving should be punished very severely but it's a completely different type of crime to this.

What makes you think she was "very mature" though? To be honest, from the messages that were shown in court, she sounded just the opposite, i'd go as far to say she came across as quite childlike. So whilst I accept some 15 year olds are quite mature, I don't think that's true in this case. Not only that, this wasn't a one off mistake. What Adam Johnson did was planned, manipulative, abusive and took place over an extended period of time.

If he'd met a mature 15 year old on an night out, kissed and got up to something with her in the toilets or whatever we would not be looking at anything like the kind of punishment he's facing now. The grooming element to this is seriously troubling and he will punished as such.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.