Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

I agree that drunk/drug driving should be punished very severely but it's a completely different type of crime to this.

What makes you think she was "very mature" though? To be honest, from the messages that were shown in court, she sounded just the opposite, i'd go as far to say she came across as quite childlike. So whilst I accept some 15 year olds are quite mature, I don't think that's true in this case. Not only that, this wasn't a one off mistake. What Adam Johnson did was planned, manipulative, abusive and took place over an extended period of time.

If he'd met a mature 15 year old on an night out, kissed and got up to something with her in the toilets or whatever we would not be looking at anything like the kind of punishment he's facing now. The grooming element to this is seriously troubling and he will punished as such.
I think you're bang on there. He's had numerous opportunities to realise what he's doing isn't only illegal, but morally wrong. He 'knowingly' exerted pressure onto a 15 year old girl, using his position in the community to manipulate her, all for his own sexual gratification. The big issue is if he isn't sent to prison, I don't think he'll learn from it, his arrogance is absurd to me - if he doesn't go to prison, he'll try and get a kick from something else, possibly something worse.

Go and see Cardinal Pells mate and bend over and ask for forgiveness. Rife within the church and yet some think they end up in jail. Then there are others that don't even go to court, Saville, Cyril Smith, Ted Heath, the Leon Britton cover ups, systematic church cover ups sponsored up to 3rd in line to the pope, do me a favour take your ignorance elsewhere.
Ignorance you say !! The people you mention did not get away with any wrongdoings within a Court of Law.You claimed that some people would only get Community Orders when taken to Court,thats what is a bag of bollocks.Those people you mention have never been tried in a Court of Law so don`t talk about ignorance, as your`e basing your argument on mere speculation on your part.

With regard to Sunderlands conduct, I put it to you that amongst football clubs and for many years 'lasses' who have made similar claims against 'assets' have been paid off. Back in the day, it would all disappear before any unpleasantness with the arrival of a new Ford outside the aggrieved fathers recently upgraded house. Maybe Sunderland were playing the long game, in the hope that the fix could be put in. Maybe not.

With regard to Sunderlands conduct, I put it to you that amongst football clubs and for many years 'lasses' who have made similar claims against 'assets' have been paid off. Back in the day, it would all disappear before any unpleasantness with the arrival of a new Ford outside the aggrieved fathers recently upgraded house. Maybe Sunderland were playing the long game, in the hope that the fix could be put in. Maybe not.
Hard to do that when half of the girl's friends new about it - social media will ensure things that that they got away with in the past wont happen again.

Let me get this right because I haven't been following this as well of all of you.

Does he face 5 years in prison for kissing or snogging as you guys term it a girl under the age of 16 and asking her to meet with him in his car after exchanging howdy do dees on the net?

Surely I am missing something.

Pity for him he doesn't live in Africa

Hard to do that when half of the girl's friends new about it - social media will ensure things that that they got away with in the past wont happen again.
Fair point, but these would surely just be passed off as whimsical fantasy and forgotten when the next social media trend happened. I would wager that footballers/football clubs still pay people off for all sorts of shite!

Let me get this right because I haven't been following this as well of all of you.

Does he face 5 years in prison for kissing or snogging as you guys term it a girl under the age of 16 and asking her to meet with him in his car after exchanging howdy do dees on the net?

Surely I am missing something.

Pity for him he doesn't live in Africa
She asked him for a shirt,the first thing he asked her was how old are you,she said just turned 15.800 odd messages later he got her to meet in his car a few times where he penetrated her with his fingers,he denied anymore and was found guilty of one of the sexual charges,at the start he pled guilty to grooming her over a period of time and kissing her,so 3 of the 4 charges he has been found guilty on so will get time for.The grooming has done for him

She asked him for a shirt,the first thing he asked her was how old are you,she said just turned 15.800 odd messages later he got her to meet in his car a few times where he penetrated her with his fingers,he denied anymore and was found guilty of one of the sexual charges,at the start he pled guilty to grooming her over a period of time and kissing her,so 3 of the 4 charges he has been found guilty on so will get time for.The grooming has done for him

Cheers Karen.

Didn't know about the sexual penetration , that a different matter altogether and the texting etc doesn't help him.

Can't understand why he didn't spend his millions on pros if he is that way inclined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.