Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

you think one sex offender should get a lesser sentence just because another one did ? How very odd
You think he should be treated more harshly just because he happens to play football for a living? How very odd.
In answer to your question. I was merely pointing out to those of you who are hoping he is going to be hung, drawn and quartered, that our judiciary is more balanced than some of the posters on here.

You think he should be treated more harshly just because he happens to play football for a living? How very odd.
In answer to your question. I was merely pointing out to those of you who are hoping he is going to be hung, drawn and quartered, that our judiciary is more balanced than some of the posters on here.
Not once have I said he should,have I ? All defendants should be sentenced according to the offence.
I've said in another thread in off topic that I think the judge will give him three years and he will be out in around 16 months.

D-Day today then.

What do you reckon he will get?
I'm probably going to get accused of being an apologist for sex offenders but in my opinion I hope his sentence reflects that handed out to other people guilty of similar offences and isn't significantly higher in some effort to make an example of him. This is not what British justice is about. He is guilty and deserves to lose his liberty but no more guilty than a number of teachers for example (many of whom female) who a cursory google search will reveal have often received ridiculously low sentences which Johnson has no hope of getting.

Life....That's what the stupid twat has sentenced his own daughter too! In her future years she will have to cope with his stupidity
It's a tragedy for the family and his victim

I'm probably going to get accused of being an apologist for sex offenders but in my opinion I hope his sentence reflects that handed out to other people guilty of similar offences and isn't significantly higher in some effort to make an example of him. This is not what British justice is about. He is guilty and deserves to lose his liberty but no more guilty than a number of teachers for example (many of whom female) who a cursory google search will reveal have often received ridiculously low sentences which Johnson has no hope of getting.
Yes there was that Teaching Assistant from Manchester who got 2 years (originally a suspended sentence) despite admitting she had sexual activity with the boy around 80 times.
Johnson should be hammered for what he's done. However there shouldn't be one rule for one etc...
FWIW I think he'll get 6 years.

I've a feeling this is going to be one of those cases where the book is thrown at him in order to make a wider point. He should get whatever the normal sentence is for the crime he's committed, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes there was that Teaching Assistant from Manchester who got 2 years (originally a suspended sentence) despite admitting she had sexual activity with the boy around 80 times.
Johnson should be hammered for what he's done. However there shouldn't be one rule for one etc...
FWIW I think he'll get 6 years.
Did the teaching asst go to trial though? There are so many variables that you cant compare like for like in that way. Johnson will get clobbered for lying and pleading not guilty, and so making the kid go to court and give evidence. It means he gets no credit off his sentence. The other complicating factor for him will be that Faceache campaign bollocks by his sister in which a photo of Johnson holding his baby daughter was used under the banner of wanting justice. That will bite him in the ass and the judge will not look favourably on that. I bet his lawyers were fucking livid when they saw it

And that it isnt odd, its entirely the point. He will get a harsher sentence because hes a footballer because that is the vehicle by which he committed the offence, exploiting the starstruck nature of the girl. Not odd, just facts material to the very case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.